what? now schoe bashing??

Iguana

He got away pretty unscathed the first two innings, considering he gave up 4 walks and was hit hard. Luckily the Yankees stranded like 5 guys those two innings. After that he settled in and did pretty well.

Gotta give the Yankees pitchers credit, we stated in the game but their pitchers were sharp and we didn't have the bats we had in KC.

From what I heard from a buddy that watched the game (I was stuck at school), Scho pitched awful the first two innings. The defense saved him, but then he got out of his rut and went on to pitch pretty well, with his line mistake on the homer to Posada.

I'm assuming part of his early inning woes were due to the fact he hadn't pitched in like 10 days. I think he made his last appearance on the 28th of March.

I give sho' credit, it must be tough pitching to a team and having this go through your head:

Lofton, k he gone, next, Jeter, crap, k he gone, next, A-rod, s***! Next, Giambi, ggrrr, next, sheffield, god damn this team sucks, next, posada, *faints*, next batter! williams, ah screw this *curls up in a ball and sucks thumb*

He struggled in the first 2 innings sure. At least he didn't flip out and lose his cool and then really get rocked. He had the bases loaded at least 2 times and only gave up 2 runs from that and one solo shot. I wouldn't say that is terrible at all. IMO. Also isn't the defense out there to back up the pitcher if he does make some mistakes and pick him up when possible??? I believe so.

Schoe did NOT look good early on today. Thats a Fact. Doesn't matter how long its been since he has pitched. Now, with that being said...with the solid D behind him, he indeed gave us a shot to win. And I will take 6 IP, 3 ER from him ALL YEAR. Its ok guys. we played in NY, on their opening day, and lost a 2 run game...

I watched the first 6 innings today. Schoney did not look good, but didn't look horrible either. He struggled with his control, and was getting squeezed at the same time. The defense helped him out a lot and the Yanks hit a few "atom" balls in key situations. The score could have easily been 8-1 instead of 2-1 after 2 innings. However, Schoney hung in there and gutted it out and kept us in the game.

SS seemed to overthrow in the first 2 innings. He had good stuff, just missed on a few pitches, fell behind and then was wild trying to throw heat. When he slowed things down, working his sinker and change, the Yanks weren't hitting him hard [innings 3, 4 and 5]. SS was helped by good d, particularly Crede at 3b. The 6th inning he was over 100 pitches and was lucky to get out with only the Posado homer.

Garland should learn from SS not to try and throw too hard today, let his ball sink. More starts like this from SS and we'll be fine.

He admitted he was very nervous starting for the first time in a couple of years. This is a make or break year for him. Every start will be magnified. An above average year as a starter can earn $3-5M next year for him. A below average year will get him a bullpen spot or non-roster invitee invitation next spring. The longer he lasts the better everyone will be. He also has Cotts waiting for him to screw up.