Seinfeld and Superman

DonkeyKongerko

The teasers are good too. Superman has issues with the Green Lantern. :lolhitting

I find it weird that Superman is, well, like the Tick. Not how I had imagined him.

Hah, very good stuff.

The "Tick" connection is just anotehr Seinfeld in-joke. Patrick Warburton (doing Supe's voice here) was "Puddy" on Seindfeld, and did the live Tick for it's short run. He's perfect as a cardboard-cutout type superhero.

And that too-good-even-for-a-superhero superhero is where the parody character the Tick came from in the first place. It all comes around again. Cosmic. ;)

I like the lines form the short like "How can they not see me, I made this costume as bright as I could," because it similarly lampoons the history of the comic medium. In 1938 on a 4-color print press, everybody not 'larger than life' took on some muted, muddled combination of the 4 inks they loaded up, while the SUPERHEROES all got portrayed in vibrant unmuddled 4-color glory(!). It shows a good sense of the history of the medium to make jokes like that I think.