• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd use Takatsu only vs. righties.

Then I'd find a taker for Botch.

Jesus f***ing Christ.....

even in games my man doesn't pitch, you guys find ways to whine about him. Is this just a running joke because everyone wants to engage some reaction from me?

As I remember, Koch = 1 Save....Shinjo = 2 run BOMB....Marte = 2 Bombs, 1 to Mendy f***ing Lopez.

Thank you, good day.

Jesus f***ing Christ.....

even in games my man doesn't pitch, you guys find ways to whine about him. Is this just a running joke because everyone wants to engage some reaction from me?

As I remember, Koch = 1 Save....Shinjo = 2 run BOMB....Marte = 2 Bombs, 1 to Mendy f***ing Lopez.

Thank you, good day.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Then you are judging a breaking ball pitcher on the dead air of AZ.

Like I said if he was that good, the Sox wouldn't have gotten him.

See: Kaz Sasaki, Ichiro Suzuki, Hideki Matsui, any Japanese player that is worth a s***...

He's probably nervous as hell - first big league appearance, in New York of all places, going up first against a player from his former country, Matsui - he seems to like the bottom inside corner vs. lefties. Jeter didn't seem to know where the pitches were going, who knows, maybe Shingo will only be able to get out righties.

Give him another shot next time were up 6+ runs. I would.

heh.

I just meant, he threw some good pitches at him. I think when he faces lefties he's prone to leaving the ball over the plate.

It was almost ridiculous how long Matsui was waiting for the changeup to cross the plate. It had to be traveling 55 MPH.....

He's probably nervous as hell - first big league appearance, in New York of all places, going up first against a player from his former country, Matsui - he seems to like the bottom inside corner vs. lefties.  Jeter didn't seem to know where the pitches were going, who knows, maybe Shingo will only be able to get out righties. 

Give him another shot next time were up 6+ runs.  I would.

At least he didn't pull a Jose Panigua, that's pretty good for ur 1st time. ;)

Like I said if he was that good, the Sox wouldn't have gotten him.

See: Kaz Sasaki, Ichiro Suzuki, Hideki Matsui, any Japanese player that is worth a s***...

Relax man. That is my only point. I wasn't saying he was the second coming of anyone. I just can't understand everyone going insane off of someones MLB debut. :huh:

Nothing has changed

We cannot hit to save our lives

And some idiots wanted to trade a hitter for more pitching

Our problem last year was hitting.....it still is.

Can we throw Willie Harris in some ocean somewhere? The guy freaking sucks

:fyou Willie

:finger :lolhitting

I think we really, really need to resign Mags, I know this is coming out of nowhere, but he's just so damn consistent and good. I think this year will be the best we've seen from Mags in his career - he's playing for a contract, and he's going to just be great. I don't care how many prospects we have in the system, Mags is a franchise player who should be really markted more by the Sox. Though I was wanting the trade when I first heard about it, I'm glad Mags is still in a Sox (White, that is) uni - I really don't think Nomar can put up the numbers Mags does, even with the wrist injury.

I finally got to see my first Sox game of the year. One hell of a game if you ask me. Garland did great outside of the fourth, Maggs was outstanding, and Willie showed up. Too bad I couldn't have been on here because my mom was on the computer from the time I woke up (2 o'clock) until now. :headshake Overall a great day. :headbang

Would anyone argue with me if I said Willie has had a great day?

No, because he produced when it mattered -- single, SB, good D and an RBI line-out and RBI groundout back when the game wasn't decided yet.

Magglio was clearly the player of the game, but Perez-Olivo-Harris trio were not far behind.

Considering he singlehandly ruined 2003 and continues to ruin** 2004, I'll say Sox fans haven't been hard enough on him.

** - lousy record in 2003 means worse attendance and way less season tickets in the off-season, which financially hinders the team's ability to field a good team; Also, his huge salary this year forced the Sox to let go of Colon/Gordon because they couldn't fit then in the budget, making us worse by default. Finally, he DID give up a huge double to Santiago and helped in blowing a very important game, lest you forget.

Although, he could never fix it, he and Konerko could partially atone for their digusting 2003 by having career years in 2004. ;)