According to Baseball Weekly...

israel4ever

Once again...

If Sox are getting a 2002 Bellhorn, it's a steal that might propel them to the divisional title.

If Sox are getting a 2003 Bellhorn, it costs us Wunsht.

2003 they moved him to third base. He's a much better player when he's at second. As a utility guy, it probably doesn't matter as much from an offensive point of view. However, sticking him at third everyday when he was used to being the second baseman affected his offense. I like Kelly, but I can't say this trade would bother me that much. I like Bellhorn.

Wunsch messed up the Sox plans when he mentioned to a reporter that he wasn't right and that his velocity was way down. The reporter wrote it and it all but made Wunsch untradeable at that point.

The Sox told him if he wasn't right, he needed to work it out in AAA, not in the bigs, taking up a roster spot.

I did hear from three sources the Sox were looking to trade Wunsch, 2 of the 3 before Hawk mentioned it. They all had the same story, so I have no reason to doubt they were trying to move him.

I'm thinking Bellhorn has alreay had his career year. I don't expect him to ever come close to that again. He's been a scrub his whole career. Wunsch has been an effective lefty reliever and teams are crying to get guys like that. I believe we can get more for Kelly than just Mark Bellhorn.

I'm thinking Bellhorn has alreay had his career year.  I don't expect him to ever come close to that again.  He's been a scrub his whole career.  Wunsch has been an effective lefty reliever and teams are crying to get guys like that.  I believe we can get more for Kelly than just Mark Bellhorn.

Agreed............

According to Baseball Weekly, there was a Wunsch for Mark Bellhorn deal in the works, with Boston.

I can see why Bos would want Kelly [One of their LHP Jones walked 4 guys in row, including the winning run, in a loss this week]. They might want to get rid of Bellhorn but I don't see the Sox biting. If Bos had some young SP [AA or AAA] or a potential closer then I could see a deal.

I wouldnt mind getting Bellhorn, you cant have enough backups for Willie/Uribe/Valentin. And IMO, Wunsch is pretty washed up ever since 2000.

According to John Dewon (Stat of the Week) on Murph's (lame) show on WSCR, Kelly Wunsch had the 3rd best opponent's batting average in all of MLB in 2003.

Opponents batted .139 against Kelly Wunsch.

We should NOT be looking to trade him, especially not for a cubs-castoff bum like Bellhorn!

Figgins or Amazega would be great to get in a trade. I think Wunsch is almost done here, Shingo's pitchin in his spot, and Cotts hasn't looked bad in his 1 inning so far.

Shingo sucks!!!

We should NOT trade Kelly Wunsch unless we can get a quality starter for him!

If Bellhorn couldn't stick with the sCrUBS, why would anyone think he has the talent to play for the Sox?

The cubs hadn't had a decent 3rd baseman for years, (not since "Dorf" (Santo)), but Bellhorn couldn't cut it there!

Bellhorn sucks! We neither want nor need him!