Sox/Yanks Game Thread Saturday

cwsox

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Koch looked like Koch. He had to give up a run, but it was a double to Sheff, then a throwing error that let in the run. He looked decent, he seems to be gettting up to about 95, but still is a little shakey. Hey, he got the job done.

I did find this.

http://boards.espn.go.com/cgi/mlb/request....b_chw&id=272048

Koch looked like Koch. He had to give up a run, but it was a double to Sheff, then a throwing error that let in the run. He looked decent, he seems to be gettting up to about 95, but still is a little shakey. Hey, he got the job done.

Koch looked real good imo, the run was unearned, and his velocity was still around 96. I am very happy with William thus far.

Koch looked real good imo, the run was unearned, and his velocity was still around 96. I am very happy with William thus far.

I am happy with him as well. He can get people out if he's throwing 96. What was he at last year? Like 92 MPH? And he was at like 99 MPH when he was with the Blue Jays and Athletics.

He's coming around, little by little.

This Politte kid has some velocity to work with, and then some.

And he was at like 99 MPH when he was with the Blue Jays and Athletics.

He was 94-97 while with Athletics.

With the Sox in 2003, Koch was 93-94 early, then 90-93 before going on DL/AAA.

So far this season, he's 92-97 but with a bit more movement.

He will live and die with his control (ie not falling behind 2-0/3-1 on every hitter) and his slider. If both are going, his curve will be unhittable as noone would look for it in their right mind.

He was 94-97 while with Athletics. 

With the Sox in 2003, Koch was 93-94 early, then 90-93 before going on DL/AAA.

So far this season, he's 92-97 but with a bit more movement. 

He will live and die with his control (ie not falling behind 2-0/3-1 on every hitter) and his slider.    If both are going, his curve will be unhittable as noone would look for it in their right mind.

I thought that he still had the ability to hit 99 MPH when he was with the Athletics.

I know he topped out at 100 MPH when he was with the Blue Jays. He was a tough son of a b**** when he pitched against the Sox, with the exception of that one game where Herbert Perry homered to tie it up in the ninth.