Computer Problems

HighHeat45

My computer has been really f***ed up lately, this morning i couldnt click on anything on my desktop so i couldnt do anything, So i formated my hard drive because my friend told me that would fix it, and it did, but now when i scroll it goes really slow and takes 5 seconds for the screen to actually move all the way down. Does anyone know if there are any settings i can adjust to fix this because it is really annoying :angry:

also my cd drive wont stay closed, it just pops open constantly, even when the computer is off. :whip

Wow that's not good. I'm not sure if running some virus/spyware checks would have been better first before reformatting your HD. It sounds like you still have the same problems though so maybe its hardware-related.

Is the scroll thing happening just when using your mouse wheel or also when you use the down arrow on the scroll bar? If it's just the mouse wheel you should check the Mouse section in the Control Panel.

here is a list of things that i would like to know.

1 do you have a anti virus - what kind and when was the last time you ran it?

2. do you have spybot and adaware on the puter

3. do you have a register cleaner of some sorts.

4 when was the last time you scan disk and defrag your puter

here is a list of things that i would like to know.

1 do you have a anti virus - what kind and when was the last time you ran it?

2. do you have spybot and adaware on the puter

3. do you have a register cleaner of some sorts.

4 when was the last time you scan disk and defrag your puter

1. Yes- Norton and about a month ago

2. Yes- ran it about the same time as Norton

3. I dont think so

4. A long time ago, maybe November

first steps would have been is to use spybot, adaware, use norton or run norton, then see if you can use tuneup utilities 2004 which is free on cnet.com and use the registry section.

if then come back and use scan disk and defrag from the system work control panel.

reformatting should be the last resort. do you have any files that needs to be safe?

first steps would have been is to use spybot, adaware, use norton or run norton, then see if you can use tuneup utilities 2004 which is free on cnet.com and use the registry section.

if then come back and use scan disk and defrag from the system work control panel.

reformatting should be the last resort. do you have any files that needs to be safe?

Alright, i try using that stuff

and there is really nothin i need to save, i just usually use it to go online on it. All my s*** is on my labtop.

ok that is good, here is the deal, when it was reformatted, was the drivers reinstalled again???

the worst case is that you might have to run xp pro from the repair part and maybe that will fixed it or you might have to completely reinstall xp as a new copy....

but to s***s and grin and for you to learn, do the steps i suggested............. its a nice way to learn about this crap.

ok that is good, here is the deal, when it was reformatted, was the drivers reinstalled again???

the worst case is that you might have to run xp pro from the repair part and maybe that will fixed it or you might have to completely reinstall xp as a new copy....

but to s***s and grin and for you to learn, do the steps i suggested............. its a nice way to learn about this crap.

ok, i adware and spyware installed, i downloaded tuneup utilities and i am gunna scan it overnight.

But i know what is wrong with my mouse now, i checked to see about the drivers and the video drivers arent installed so i have to do that, but i need a new CD drive first because it wont stay closed so i cant install the drivers. :bang

Thanks for your help :headbang

well here is another simpler way of doing this.

1. go and find out what kind of name brand you have for your motherboard

your video card, your soundcard, nic, etc......

2. you then make a folder on your "c" drive and make additional folders within that with the different names

3. now go to the name brand site and in there go the search and type in the info you have

4. look for the drivers and when you find them save them to your hard drive and the folder you already made.

5. now do that for all your other one.

6. now you can activiate them and there you go.................. this may be a little longer but at least you can make your puter work now.

also my cd drive wont stay closed, it just pops open constantly, even when the computer is off. :whip

Broken Coffee Cup Holders

After the introduction of the CDROM drives in Apple systems, I started getting strange messages from service about failures in the field. Being responsible for Storage Devices in production, I listened to a number of service calls. Some had disks upside down, some had more than one disk inserted, but some trays were broken. I listened to a customer who straight faced said that after two months his "coffee cup holder" was broken. He would push the button and the coffee cup holder would come out, and now it's broken. I had to replace at least a dozen CDROM drives due to "broken coffee cup syndrome" in those early days.