Interesting Observation

HuskyCaucasian

I was looking at the Sox games that would be broadcast on WGN in HDTV just a few moments ago. Then, just for kicks I thought I would print out the Cubs HD schedule for my dad (he is a huge cubs fan). I noticed that the Cubs list was much longer. So, I plugged both schedules into EXcel and counted up the number of times each team is on WGN or WCIU. The numbers were stagering! I never thought it was this bad. The Cubs are on WGN a total of 68 times! The Sox....28. THat is beyond belief. Talk about pimping your own team. Yikes!

I was looking at the Sox games that would be broadcast on WGN in HDTV just a few moments ago. Then, just for kicks I thought I would print out the Cubs HD schedule for my dad (he is a huge cubs fan). I noticed that the Cubs list was much longer. So, I plugged both schedules into EXcel and counted up the number of times each team is on WGN or WCIU. The numbers were stagering! I never thought it was this bad. The Cubs are on WGN a total of 68 times! The Sox....28. THat is beyond belief. Talk about pimping your own team. Yikes!

That's the smallest I think I can ever remember that ratio to be... They used to have around over 100 games, since they have added night games and the introduction of the WB, they have dropped....

consider yourself lucky this year.

That's the smallest I think I can ever remember that ratio to be... They used to have around over 100 games, since they have added night games and the introduction of the WB, they have dropped....

consider yourself lucky this year.

Really? WOW! I never really took notice before. I am not a Cubs fan, so I never watch their games, so I never really noticed. Just, when I printed out the list i was suprised.

Really? WOW! I never really took notice before. I am not a Cubs fan, so I never watch their games, so I never really noticed. Just, when I printed out the list i was suprised.

The #1 reason I'm not a cub fan:

When I used to come home from school, I'd wanna watch my cartoons on Channel 9, but the damn cubs would be on... I've hated them ever since.

On a side note, anyone look at today's trib?? We only get it on Sunday's, so today I looked at the sports. On the front page, they have a story about Hinrich, the Cubs, Boxing, and THE TIGERS. Second page Cubs, more Tigers, and the Hinrich story. Third page, there is a half of page about how the Sox basically got lucky to beat the Yankees.

I know the Trib owns the Cubs. Thats why I get the Hearald. But as Chicago's #1 paper, its sad that the TIGERS are ahead of us.

Well, let's look at 3 of the most popular teams in America. The Cubs.... The Yanks.... and the Braves.

2 of those 3 teams are owned my a media master.

Cubs.... the Trib

Braves.... Turner

Both teams have the ability to put their teams on their own stations NATIONWIDE! I would be interested to see the ration of Cubs games on the Superstation compared to Sox games on the Superstation. I bet you it is even more shocking.

Well, let's look at 3 of the most popular teams in America. The Cubs.... The Yanks.... and the Braves.

Cubs.... the Trib

Braves.... Turner

Both teams have the ability to put their teams on their own stations NATIONWIDE! I would be interested to see the ration of Cubs games on the Superstation compared to Sox games on the Superstation. I bet you it is even more shocking.

I think the opener was on the super station, 2 cubs games will be(the other 4 are 2Fox, 2 FSN) --other than that, Maybe there is 3 or 4 more, but I'd be surprised.

For what it's worth, I think the Red SOx are much more popular than the Braves.    People in Atlanta don't really care about the Braves.

Yeah, it's sad that they take getting to the playoffs for granted. They don't even sellout the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah, it's sad that they take getting to the playoffs for granted.  They don't even sellout the first round of the playoffs.

I have a feeling some will show up at Turner Field this year and they will ask a person working at a ticket window when the game starts and he'll say "The Braves didn't make the playoffs, dumbass."

Thw White Sox had their chance in the early 80s to be on WGN or another netwokr station more, but JR decided that SPortschannel was the way to go and have Sox fans pay to see their club on TV.

That is a MAJOR reason so many people became Cub fans...easier access in the 80s

Cubs.... the Trib

Braves.... Turner

Didn't MLB restrict when WGN and TNT can air games nationwide?