Easter Sunday game thread

cwsox

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We did hang in there, but I am on the way to the hospital to take my foot out of my rear end and other places. Got to admit though we did battle. We had good outings from Marte, who really needed it, and Cotts who may be sowing why he should start. Starting the season 3-3 is OK. .500 ball on the road is acceptable, if we clean up at Comiskeyless Cell.

Brando, just shut up. I'm sick of your pessimism. You're worth nothing at all to this message board with all the bulls*** you spew. You're more annoying than BMR or the old roman.

It's almost like you try to not be a Sox fan.

:crying

:finger

:snr

Pathetic Joe.  2 GIDP for him today.

Now I hope you guys understand that 2 K on total 14 pitches are better (or rather, not nearly as bad) as 2 GIDPs on 4 pitches?

On the positive note, Cotts looked good and Thomas/Maggs put some really good sewing on Mussina's pitches.

Sox are playing a much better ball than same time last year, but dammit I WANTED this game -- it so close....

We killed ourselves today fellas. First inning, runners at the corners, one out. Double play.

Another inning, we had runners at first and second, nobody out. Rowand fails the bunt attempt (which I really didn't agree with, I would rather have had Rowand swing the bat, but thats not a big problem.) and we don't score that inning.

Valentin triples in the 7th or 8th, Magglio just misses the long ball, but still fails to get him home.

Last inning, when Uribe pinch ran for Crede, can someone tell me why Timo Perez isn't bunting? If Perez bunts Uribe over to second, Gload knocks Uribe home and we go to the bottom of the ninth. Again, I thought that Ozzie would have Timo bunt to get him into scoring position.

You cannot let friggin Bubba Crosby beat you, especially with homers. He beat us today, with his glove and with his bat.

Though it may not seem like it, I'm really happy with how the series went. Split a series with arguably the best team in baseball, and if you think about it, our pitching made their lineup look pretty dismal (sp?). I don't think Wright should stay in the rotation - I feel he's better suited for the bullpen, and Cotts deserves a shot. If not Cotts, there's Rauch and perhaps Diaz down at AAA. Too many times I saw Olivo spot up on the outside corner, only to have Wright throw it inside, or vice versa.

Now, let's go home and beat those Royals!

You put it perfectly CWSGuy. We failed to drive people in when we had the chance to.

I really think Cotts needs to be in the rotation, he pitched great today. Wright could be a good long reliever, and Cotts could be a tremendous starter, he just needs the chance.