Frank's comments

DonkeyKongerko

Did anyone else think the ball wasn't carrying too well to center today? Besides a couple of blasts by Thomas and Ordonez, I think Giambi also hit one pretty damn hard that just sorta hung up in CF. This is what Frank had to say:

"Today's game was a strange game, very strange. We hit some bullets out there today that were just sad." -- Frank Thomas on Sunday's 5-4 loss to the Yankees, in which the White Sox hit some blasts that almost all resulted in outs.

Anyways I think Frank looks great out there and has been a bit unlucky during these first few games.

Very true....Bubba had plenty of action in CF today for NY, and I do agree that Thomas is looking good right now. He is just off to his typical slow start, but I expect him to pick it back up in Chicago against KC. You can really tell Ozzie's made him a believer, he didn't look like he was going up there trying to pull the ball. Ozzie looks like he has him going opposite field and up the middle again. I think Frank is going to have another solid season.

I think this was the best offensive game of the season for the Sox. They hit the ball on the screws all day (Minus Dorn and Crede). I was shocked when some of those balls weren't going for hits or homers.

Its a tough loss, but I think the Sox should of won.

I'll tell you this much: if Frank, Maggs and Konerko keep swinging like this (as Jessica Alba would say, to senna feel), Sox will be in good shape offensively, to say the least.

Damn Yankees rigging the air conditioning like that :headshake

Really Yankee stadiums rep as a hitters park is only half true. From the lines to just short of LC, RC it has awesome hitters dimensions. But once you get to right and left center, it is really deep. CF is also really deep. Unless you are yanking the ball down the lines (like Maggs did for his 3 run HR) you aren't getting any cheapies.