Civilians in Iraq

Texsox

If your company wanted to send you to Iraq tomorrow, would you go?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. If your company wanted to send you to Iraq tomorrow, would you go?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, where in Iraq?

Now before you answer, let me add this in.  I know for a fact that Lucent is paying their people their regular wage PLUS $2000 PER DAY to go.  Does that change any minds?  Just curious.

I'm surprised they can afford this. They were laying off left and right not too long ago.

Oh, and no, this wouldn't change my mind in the least.

I'm surprised they can afford this.  They were laying off left and right not too long ago.

Oh, and no, this wouldn't change my mind in the least.

When they have exclusive contracts in Iraq set up by our government (read: guaranteed government money), of course they can afford it. How else do you think we get to $87 billion to "rebuild" Iraq?

Now before you answer, let me add this in.  I know for a fact that Lucent is paying their people their regular wage PLUS $2000 PER DAY to go.  Does that change any minds?  Just curious.

Nope.

Doesn't matter how much they wanted to pay me, I'm not going anywhere where Americans are hated that much.

I got a family to think about.

A long time ago my career goal was as a war correspondent. A part of me stil would like to go and cover the war.

And the extra $2000 wouldn't make a difference. Risking my life for $20 or $2000 is equally insane.

Hell no I wouldn't go.  Lucents ridiculous incentives doesn't make up for the threat of  being kidnapped, mutilated, and dragged through the streets by pissed off Iraqis.

I would be satisfied with my life if I never had to leave the Western Hemisphere.

:headbang