Why not Halladay?

BrandoFan

Sox need a bona-friggin-fied ACE if they are to challenge for the World Series title, we all agree on that.

Well with all this Randy Johnson talk (he is very old and very expensive and possibly injured), how can I not see this guy:

--Makes only 6 Mill this year, so with good prospects won't cost much

--I am sure Toronto won't deal him to Boston; Sox snaggin' him also prevents the Cubs from getting their grubby paws on him as a Prior replacement -- I am sure Hendry already drew up the plans of dealing for him.

--Halladay-Buerhle-Loaiza-Garland as playoff rotation is something I can get behind.

He is better than guys like Millwood or Washburn, struggling right now so his value may not be quite as high as it would be later on.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when do the sox spend money???

You have a point.

Then again, I am just throwing out ideas.

I am not naive as to think that JR gives a f*** -- but say he did give a f*** this year, then Halladay will be just an excellent pick-up.

They did just resign him to a 4-year, $42 mill deal, just as point.

And to get him, I'd imagine it would cost Reed, Honel, possibly Cotts, and another pretty damn good prospect too(maybe Rauch), and I'd say they'd have to take on Koch/Konerko to offset some of the salary, and if they took Koch, I'd want Speier/Lopez/Lightenberg as well(and I don't believe they can trade Lightenberg until June, as he was a signed as a FA).

To get to the point of my post and to answer your question...Reed, Honel, Cotts, Rauch, and Koch for Halladay and Lopez(Acquilino I believe is his name...solid reliever)...yes, I do it. You never, ever let a possibility of winning it all slip by. If it costs, the farm, so be it. Winning it all can do wonders for a team.

They did just resign him to a 4-year, $42 mill deal, just as point.

And to get him, I'd imagine it would cost Reed, Honel, possibly Cotts, and another pretty damn good prospect too(maybe Rauch), and I'd say they'd have to take on Koch/Konerko to offset some of the salary, and if they took Koch, I'd want Speier/Lopez/Lightenberg as well(and I don't believe they can trade Lightenberg until June, as he was a signed as a FA).

To get to the point of my post and to answer your question...Reed, Honel, Cotts, Rauch, and Koch for Halladay and Lopez(Acquilino I believe is his name...solid reliever)...yes, I do it.  You never, ever let a possibility of winning it all slip by.  If it costs, the farm, so be it.  Winning it all can do wonders for a team.

He doesn't make a lot this year, and if he brings the Sox to the promised land....well, I am getting carried away here. Let's just say, Sox won't be stuck with him because he'll always have value for teams like the Dodgers and Red Sox.

Throw them Wing and Pacheco and they can suck it. They aren't exactly in the position to dictate s***.

No on Reed and Cotts and Sweeney.

Yeah but 38 million for three players doesn't.

This is true

Which is why we'd get him in June or July, Toronto would take on Konerko, Koch, Borchard, and Rauch, and we'd also get Kerry Lightenberg(one of Kenny's infamous trades where he trades a positional player for a player that plays the same position...Sirotka for Wells, Wells for Ritchie, Foulke for Koch, and essentially El Duque for Colon...this is a 1Bman for a 1Bman and a reliever for a reliever)

And Toronto gets to experience the Billy Koch roller coaster all over again.

At that point, we are really only paying for $4 mill of Delgado's $18 mill in a sense.

It would work for me.

He doesn't make a lot this year, and if he brings the Sox to the promised land....well, I am getting carried away here.    Let's just say, Sox won't be stuck with him because he'll always have value for teams like the Dodgers and Red Sox.

Throw them Wing and Pacheco and they can suck it. They aren't exactly in the position to dictate s***.

No on Reed and Cotts and Sweeney.

No chance in hell the Jays do that deal their GM is far to smart for that.

They are 1-6 and on the way to 4th place.

They are losing money.

Carlos Delgado makes a truck load of money. They'd ship him out way before Roy Halladay. I don't see the Jays trading him this season, or withint the next few years. He's young, and a stud.

There is always Seattle to trade with. 1-5 so far, losing money, not hitting at all, could be looking for some bats. Pinero, Franklin, Garcia, Meche, Moyer (assuming his last two starts are not going to be repeated for the rest of the year!).