Game 2 with KC (s/b Win 2 over KC)

cwsox

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok what the f***????!! I was watching the game, it was 8-5 sox thru 7 and my friend rang my doorbell so I stepped outside. Next thing you know I come in and the game is 9-8 royals and I was like what the f***?? So then i left with my friend thinking damn how did we let this one slip away, then 2 hours later I come back home, turn on PTI, and on the bottm screen it said 10-9 SOX?!?! how did we do it? Can anyone explain? Don't feel like reading the whole thread. Thanx.

Ok what the f***????!! I was watching the game, it was 8-5 sox thru 7 and my friend rang my doorbell so I stepped outside. Next thing you know I come in and the game is 9-8 royals and I was like what the f***?? So then i left with my friend thinking damn how did we let this one slip away, then 2 hours later I come back home, turn on PTI, and on the bottm screen it said 10-9 SOX?!?! how did we do it? Can anyone explain? Don't feel like reading the whole thread. Thanx.

Crede hit a walkoff ground rule double which scored Harris. The bases were loaded with 0 outs, and that's all I know because I missed the game.

Crede hit a walkoff ground rule double which scored Harris. The bases were loaded with 0 outs, and that's all I know because I missed the game.

Walks killed The Royals also. Their full time closer is "I believe" on the DL. The replacement walked a bunch and got behind on every count. Frank hit a doubleplay ball that Graffinino's replacemenrt bobbled the ball, fell down and did not even get one out of the deal. Konerko bloops one that was 3 feet fair, the Crede cranks one in right to score Harris

I am probably the only one that feels this way, but what the heck...

I believe winning in the fashion we did is better than if we won 8-5. I know this sounds dumb, but hear me out...

Since we won the way we did isn't it kind of a momentum builder and demoralizing(sp?) for the Royals? They staged a huge comeback and then had their bullpen give the game away. While we lifted the spirits of the team and now they know they are capable of a 9th inning comeback.

I realize Koch pithced like s*** and the 9th inning made us all sick, but I think it may be pretty good.

I realize I will probably get 100 responses saying, "ARE YOU KIDDING? WE COULD HAVE CRUISED TO AN EASY WIN," or something like that.

Just my 2 cents...

I believe winning in the fashion we did is better than if we won 8-5.  I know this sounds dumb, but hear me out...

Since we won the way we did isn't it kind of a momentum builder and demoralizing(sp?) for the Royals?  They staged a huge comeback and then had their bullpen give the game away.  While we lifted the spirits of the team and now they know they are capable of a 9th inning comeback.

I realize Koch pithced like s*** and the 9th inning made us all sick, but I think it may be pretty good.

I realize I will probably get 100 responses saying, "ARE YOU KIDDING?  WE COULD HAVE CRUISED TO AN EASY WIN," or something like that.

Just my 2 cents...

I think having our bullpen cruise today would have given us just as much confidence as our comeback did today.

I think having our bullpen cruise today would have given us just as much confidence as our comeback did today.

Yes, but I think the way KC lost today is pretty terrible for their confidence, even worse than our bullpen crusing, IMO.

I believe winning in the fashion we did is better than if we won 8-5.  I know this sounds dumb, but hear me out...

Since we won the way we did isn't it kind of a momentum builder and demoralizing(sp?) for the Royals?  They staged a huge comeback and then had their bullpen give the game away.  While we lifted the spirits of the team and now they know they are capable of a 9th inning comeback.

I realize I will probably get 100 responses saying, "ARE YOU KIDDING?  WE COULD HAVE CRUISED TO AN EASY WIN," or something like that.

Just my 2 cents...

I understand what you're saying, and I agree. This is going to be demoralizing for the KC, and we can really jump all over them tomorrow. Winning it in the 9th like that is just going to get the guys pumped up and ready to play the next one. I love it! :headbang

My f***ing PTC!!!!!!!

mine too! i just got home and saw this i had alot of fun just reading through this i was on an airplane got an update that it was 8-5 goin to the ninth i turned the phone off cause we took off, i wouldve had a heart attack had i watched that game! NICE WIN!!!! (i had to do that)

I watched the game on WGN. All I can say is that we wre able to do to KC what they did to us in KC. It's great to have that last chance and our guys showed they have heart. As for Koch... I just couldn't believe how this guy could get 2 trikes on every hitter he faced and then grooved it. They blew him out of the water. I don't know if we can afford to keep Billy around anymore. I have always been his supporter even though I hated that trade for Foulke. Today may have been the last for me supporting Billy. I am sure he will get some more chances, but if he blows again look out.