ESPN Radio Reporting option year only thing...

SoxFan562004

Think of it this way people, while some peoples contracts will go up, you also lose Koch's contract and will be paying Jose less or have someone else at shortstop. Plus, I'm going to hope this team adds a little more revenue and such to allow the payroll to expand a little bit more.

Think of it this way people, while some peoples contracts will go up, you also lose Koch's contract and will be paying Jose less or have someone else at shortstop.  Plus, I'm going to hope this team adds a little more revenue and such to allow the payroll to expand a little bit more.

Get Koch the hell out of here, get Jose resigned to a $2-3 mill deal, get Esteban resigned, say bye to Scho, jack the payroll up to $70-75 mill after the team (hopefully) makes the playoffs and makes some noise in there(knock on wood)...we could be looking at a half-decent team again next year, and hell, maybe we actually make a splash in FA. Who knows what the future holds

If the sox would get this thing done over the weekend, plus finish the sweep of KC, and take a couple on the road from TB(who's playing well), they would come back to a packed house vs. the Yankees on Tuesday. And the Goodwill of the fans would likely continue throughout the year.

The sox would draw 2.4+ Million, they would have the added money to get a few peices before the Trade Deadline, and this team will be well on its way to the playoffs.

Get the deal done NOW

The one flaw is, upping the payroll to 70-75 mill, still wouldn't give the SOx a ton of money to add players to improve the team, but thats alright, I love the sound of getting Maggs resigned.

This is true.

At that point, you have to kind of look and see who is making a significant amount of money and is not necessary for the team to win(like the Twins did this past offseason). Konerko could be dealt, and if Reed(or for that matter, even Sweeney or Anderson, but I highly doubt they'll improve that much) improves enough, you have to be looking at the possibility of seeing what you can get for Carlos Lee too(even though I like him a lot). That $9 mill or so that he will make next year is quite unattractive.

Of course, maybe JR will be kind and bump up the payroll to $80-85 mill. Or maybe he'll sell his share of the Bulls and let us have a $90-95 mill payroll.

And maybe my s*** will turn purple and smell like roses. :D

:notworthy

I suppose you saw the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, no?

I saw it on Comedy Central the other night...I was laughing my ass off for most of it. Now I gotta see the actual movie, because I've heard that when it's on Comedy Central, they cut out parts of it during the commercials.

I saw it on Comedy Central the other night...I was laughing my ass off for most of it.  Now I gotta see the actual movie, because I've heard that when it's on Comedy Central, they cut out parts of it during the commercials.

i saw it on CC last week too, downloaded the .mp3 of the entire thing, hilarious :lolhitting

I saw it on Comedy Central the other night...I was laughing my ass off for most of it.  Now I gotta see the actual movie, because I've heard that when it's on Comedy Central, they cut out parts of it during the commercials.

yes a couple of times...

i've heard one of his cd's too. i lmao everytime i hear him... :headbang

I'd love to see the Sox resign Magglio, but I hope it doesn't come back to haunt the team down the road. It's a gamble, either way this goes. By trying to limit the contract to 4 years, the Sox are trying to minimize the risk.