Is it just me...

witesoxfan

...we are getting under Gardenhire's skin without doing much?

Story on Gardenhire

He seems pissed with us and we haven't done anything....Koch called them lucky....winning 94 games takes some luck. Koch also called Pierzynski a jackass....I can understand that, and I think Pierzynski will think twice about showboating around the next time he faces Koch(after he hears some chin music).

It also kind of sounds like Gardenhire is either...

a ) scared as hell of the Sox chances

OR

b ) thinking we still suck

Either way, I like our chances this year...I have for a while.

the Twins are babies. The Durham and Howry made a couple dumb comments last year and they make it seem like every Sox player is doubting them again this year. they have complained about the sox ripping them more than the Sox have ripped them.

I tell you what. The more I think about the Sox the more I like this team. Usually it works the other way for me, but I really love this team.

Oh ya, I think Gardenhire is afraid, but this is a great motivational tactic for him. I know one thing, this is a heck of a rivalry. I actually think its better then the Indians Sox rivalry when the Sox and Indians would go back and forth, with the Tribe thumping us almost every year.

This time, I think the Sox will be the ones doing the thumping to every team in the majors. They are going to go the distance and get that ring.

This time, I think the Sox will be the ones doing the thumping to every team in the majors.  They are going to go the distance and get that ring.

Jason, I have never agreed with you more than I do here!!! The Sox are about to take an entire century of frustration out on MLB this year!!! I think the Mariners of 2001 only lost a couple series over the course of the season...Well, I see no problem with us winning every series of 2003! Ladies and gentlemen, we are about to witness one hell of a season right before our eyes. And I'll be very glad to share it with my 12-year-old sister, who has more than caught on with a deep passion for the Sox.

The official slogan for the 2003 Chicago White Sox should be:

Hey MLB... :bringit

Some of the Twins are pretty calm and collected about this year, they know that they have competitors. But assholes like Dougie can't keep their mouths shut. I'm not saying the Sox will dominate, because we won't know that until these two face off. But to be honest, I think that most of the Sox are paying the Twins the respect they deserve, and they now understand that they can beat them, and they don't need to be loud about it. Hopefully this revalation will turn into more chemistry, because that's all this team needs.

As objectively as I can look at it, the Twins seem to be in trouble this year. Mays is coming off an injury, Milton is as overrated of a starter as there is in baseball, and they caught lightning in a bottle last year with their bullpen. Eddie Guardado (Guardado is Spanish for, "How long can I possibly keep this up?") was a middling 4.00+ ERA pitcher for like 8 years before last year. Kent Hrbek and Tom Brunansky can still hit for more power than Mientkiewjdjdiygslkujhwljwebvhwcz and any Minnesota outfielder, Luis Rivas looks like a no-hit bust, Jacque Jones can only hit righties, etc... The only guys on that team I'd trade for the corresponding Sox players are Koskie, Hunter, and maybe Guzman.

Some of the Twins are pretty calm and collected about this year, they know that they have competitors.  But assholes like Dougie can't keep their mouths shut.  I'm not saying the Sox will dominate, because we won't know that until these two face off.  But to be honest, I think that most of the Sox are paying the Twins the respect they deserve, and they now understand that they can beat them, and they don't need to be loud about it.  Hopefully this revalation will turn into more chemistry, because that's all this team needs.

I think you're probably right....only Koch has really said anything at all this offseason that could resemble anything close to trash talk....and that was pretty much just to set the tone for the players.

I read the article on the White Sox homepage(good news BTW...Rowand will be ready for ST), and he said that in August last year when the young guys came up they had so much enthusiasm that it rubbed off on the older guys and created good team chemistry....and I realized that. Once I figured that out, that was when I knew we had a chance to be something special this year....and then we made the moves we made this offseason.

I figured we had a good shot at dethroning the Twins with the team we had at the end of the 2002 season....if we don't win the division this year, I am going to be truly disappointed.