YES! YES! YES!

CSF

I like Jon Adkins stuff.

This is how it is going to go.

7th Jackson/Adkins

8th  Politte

9th Marte

Jackson to Politte to Marte looks good(you could also switch Politte and Marte around).

However, I've always been a big believe of closer by committee...not the closer by committee Boston tried last year where you bring in a guy to try and close out a game and if that doesn't work try another. The c-o-c I'm talking about is quite different. You closer should always be the best pitcher in your bullpen. He should be getting the tough outs, not going into the 9th with a 2-run lead to face the 7-8-9 guys. What in the blue f*** is so hard about that?

If there is a jam in the 7th inning, you are up by one, bases loaded, 1 out, I'm not bringing in my setup guy(unless I have a sinkerballer out there like Jason Grimsley who induces a lot of ground balls). I'm bringing in my f***ing closer(my best pitcher), to get me out of this jam. If some mopup guy gets a cheap save by getting 3 outs when the team is leading by 3(after you scored 2 runs in the bottom of the 8th), so be it.

So really, it is not closer by committee at all. It is more like bring your closer in when you need him.

BTW, I am all for getting rid of Koch ASAP. If we can get someone to take him on, please do it. Hell, if we can get a good reliever for him, do it.

I wonder why KW didn't trade Koch for Perez in that Mets deal. I wouldn't mind Ginter and his $500,000 salary on this team giving up a ton of runs instead of Koch making $6,000,000 giving up a ton of runs AS THE CLOSER.

I wonder why KW didn't trade Koch for Perez in that Mets deal. I wouldn't mind Ginter and his $500,000 salary on this team giving up a ton of runs instead of Koch making $6,000,000 giving up a ton of runs AS THE CLOSER.

Didn't the Mets owner shoot down a Koch deal over the winter due to his salary?