Who's afraid of the big bad Royals?

NUKE_CLEVELAND

At this point in time, I have to disagree with you.  Though we beat them 4 out of 5  :headbang it wasn't easy.  The Royals never rolled over and played dead.  They have a solid lineup and apparently they can really thump.  They earned my respect the past two weeks.  If they are such a poor team, why was it such a struggle for us to beat them?

It's annoyin for KC because I think next season they could really, really challenge for the AL Central. Greinke will be pitchin in the majors, and guys like Affledt will be more confortable at this level as well, so u'd know their pitchin would be betta. Unfortuately for them, they are definitely goin to lose Carlos Beltran afta this season, and he brings so much to the table for them. Juan Gone will be a year older and so will Benito Santiago.

Yeah, over on the MLB board I had predicted a 4th place finish for the Royals before the season started. Their offense is good, bullpen and defense are decent, and SP is absolutely horrible. Because the SP is horrible, it will quickly turn the decent bullpen into a tired, worn down BP and poor SP will also put additional pressure on a mediocre defensive club. They'll start to really see those affects by mid-May. They will be left with no choice but to try to get something in return for Beltran by the deadline. Once Beltran is gone I believe that the Indians will steal 3rd place in this division from the Royals, with MIN in 2nd and our beloved Pale Hose in 1st. Book it.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys. Still, they did earn some respect, even though we swept them. Last year everyone kept saying they'd be out of the race by June, then July, then .... well, you get the idea. Pena kept them in it till September.

seeing how these guys don't play again until August, by then hopefully it won't matter.

the thing is, with the Royals and the Sox playing 8 of their last 11 games vs. one another, the season can go to the wire just from the head to head games.  Hopefully it will be decided by then.

Bigger then KC and the Yankmes IMO is this series.  Remember that this team seems to always play to their level of competition.  This series will say if Ozzie really has their attention........

I'm trying to make the point that the Royals and YankMees are on paper good teams that are getting a lot of attention, and the Sox get keyed up for these teams because they were "supposed to lose". Now that they go in to Tampa, they should beat a team like this. Looking back to last year this is where the team had problems. They'd play well in a big series and choke the chicken when the pressure was off. Let's see how they fare this weekend!