Aaron Miles

DonkeyKongerko

Yeah, but Belliard and Uribe kind of took a s*** when they played there.

I can't understand that about Juan either. To me he's looked great with the stick so far this year and also out in Tucson. I am just waiting patiently until we start to discover the D'Angelo Jimenez qualities about him... :ph34r:

I can't understand that about Juan either.  To me he's looked great with the stick so far this year and also out in Tucson.  I am just waiting patiently until we start to discover the D'Angelo Jimenez qualities about him... :ph34r:

I hope your wrong about the Jiminez qualities coming out. Uribe at least appears to have clue as to how to play the game.

First off.. Jimenez was good, but no one liked him around here so he got bashed constantly..

and second.. Uribe is gonna be awesome for us.. He has allready shown with his playing time that he can get the job done, and that he is a hard worker.. he is WAY better than Miles, and with Miles in Colorado theres no telling how inflated his stats are due to the playing conditions..

To me Uribe looks like a guy, who on a regular starting season, could hit .300 with 15 HR's 60 RBI's score over 100 Runs and steal at least 30 bases

How is it like a Little League park?

I always get a kick out of people who speak of Coors field as though is a little league field.

The ball does carry better there, but guess what? It's one of the most spacious parks in baseball.

I think psychological factors come into play, self-fullfilling prophesy-style: hitters are more confident when they step into the box and pitchers - vice versa.

The is NO objective reason why a 450 slugger will be a 550 slugger in Coors.

Miles? No glove, mediocre base-running and average bat at best -- being generous here.

Uribe is faster, quicker, more agile; his swing needs fixing (ugly mechanics) and he is still all-around raw thanks to Colorado rushing him to the majors.....but make no mistake about it, he IS a talent.

Obviously he won't maintain 400 average, but 265 with 750 OPS is not out of the question is not out of the question. Before he got hirt last year, he was crushing LHP. There is NO way in hell Wllie Harris should be starting against them.

3-5 with 2HR and 6RBI tonight.  I still like Juan Uribe but just sayin    :huh

And as of today, he still has 2 HR's, and 7 RBI's total. He's batting .214, with a .267 OBP. Oh, and he's struck out 6 times in 28 at-bats.

I'd rather have Darius Miles playing for the Sox.

And as of today, he still has 2 HR's, and 7 RBI's total.  He's batting .214, with a .267 OBP.  Oh, and he's struck out 6 times in 28 at-bats.

I'd rather have Darius Miles playing for the Sox.

Who gives a s***. He can go 4-4 tonight and he'd have a .300 average and a .350 OBP. He only has 28 ABs in his rookie season.

Who gives a s***.  He can go 4-4 tonight and he'd have a .300 average and a .350 OBP.

Or...he could just as easily go 10 for 4 tonight and have an 800 OBP.

Miles is 28. Some rookie. Here we are giving up on 24yo Uribe who was recalled from A-ball by the Rox and missed a ton of developmental time.

:nono

Miles is fine for them, Uribe is working for us, no biggie. Miles doesn't walk enough to be at the top of the order but he can hit.

There have been tons of studies, Coors field air makes the ball travel 5-7% further. The CF fence is 415, asuming the 6% that means it should be 424. For example

CF is 415 should be 424

RC is 375 should be 397.5

LC is 390 should be 397.5

LF is 347 should be 367.8

RF is 350 should be 367.8

They change the fence heights to counter this, which is why home runs arent crazy there, but doubles and triples should be more likely with the extra space. Besides I don't know the altitude in other cities but many are no doubt avove sea level and would experiance different levels of thin air.

Miles is fine for them, Uribe is working for us, no biggie.  Miles doesn't walk enough to be at the top of the order but he can hit. 

There have been tons of studies, Coors field air makes the ball travel 5-7% further.  The CF fence is 415, asuming the 6% that means it should be 424.  For example

CF is 415 should be 424

RC is 375 should be 397.5

LC is 390 should be 397.5

LF is 347 should be 367.8

RF is 350 should be 367.8

They change the fence heights to counter this, which is why home runs arent crazy there, but doubles and triples should be more likely with the extra space.  Besides I don't know the altitude in other cities but many are no doubt avove sea level and would experiance different levels of thin air.

The current distances of the fence are already longer than most ballparks. So your "6%" is already accounted for.

If Coors will make Miles such a great hitter, then why didn't it do the same for Uribe??

The current distances of the fence are already longer than most ballparks.  So your "6%" is already accounted for.

If Coors will make Miles such a great hitter, then why didn't it do the same for Uribe??

I think Uribe's 1st season at Coors where he hit ova .300 showed what he is capable with the bat. Remember he got traded from Colorado, because he had trouble communicating with Clint Hurdle. Down at the South Side is a different story, and Ozzie can communicate very easily with Uribe. Uribe was mainly traded for his defense as well, Ozzie wants his middle infielders to play great D, like Luis Castillo and Alex Gonzalez did in Florida.