Dumbest thing you've ever done?

danman31

Likewise at 21. :o

And 15. I made a teacher cry once too, but it wasn't something like that. It was in fifth grade and my best friend, we felt had been ripped off on a test score. So the whole class, with me being the ringleader, argued her. I don't remember what triggered her tears, but the teacher was a crybaby anyways. She cried all through the lunch hour and then the girls in the class made a "We're all sorry" poster.

We once had a teacher's who boyfriend commited suicide by jumping off a mountain. She kept whisky in her desk and was a total mess most of the time, one day we were playing hangman on the board and a friend of mine make the answear DEAD BOYFRIEND it was really f***in brutal. I don't remember the punishment, but I remember her taking a big hit off her desk flask.

We once had a teacher's who boyfriend commited suicide by jumping off a mountain.  She kept whisky in her desk and was a total mess most of the time, one day we were playing hangman on the board and a friend of mine make the answear DEAD BOYFRIEND it was really f***in brutal.  I don't remember the punishment, but I remember her taking a big hit off her desk flask.

Is that why kids in Canada are so smart? Because they allow their teachers to teach class drunk?!?

:ph34r:

:lol:

Is that why kids in Canada are so smart?  Because they allow their teachers to teach class drunk?!?

12th grade for the last month me and a few friends made it a goal to drink at lunch every day. Just a 40 of malt beer (really ambitious) but I didn't like Colt 45 so I'd drink a mickey of rye at lunch. It was no biggie except on days where I had Auto Shop right after lunch. I was scared as s*** with the welder in hand.

Is that why kids in Canada are so smart?  Because they allow their teachers to teach class drunk?!?

My sixth grade teacher was a drunk...

Though to deal with that class now, I know I'd have to knock back a few.

Her drink of choice was anything w/ coffee... She was so bad in my 6th grade year, that she never actually taught. She just assigned reports. They didn't have to pertain to anything.. She killed time in class by having us give presentations on the reports... I would have 2-3 "reports" due per week, and gave at least one presentation a week, IN SIXTH GRADE...

I got in trouble for my "report" on Tag-allong day, where you follow your parents to work... I didn't go... but I made my presentation about what my teachers "job" was... It included me documenting the number of trips she made to "go get coffee" -- Thankfully we did this at the very end of the year, and my mother had connections within the school district, otherwise I'm sure I would have been toast..

She taught for one more year, that included one day where she passed out drunk in class, and fell down a flight of stairs...She anounced her "retirement" the week after this incedent.

Dang, all y'alls dumb things are just ordinary dumb, while mine was nearly lethal.

10th grade, I'm on a fishing trip in Ontario with my Dad and younger brother and two or three other fathers and sons. All the kids got to sleep in one cabin and all the Dads got stayed in another, drinking. playing cards and doing the things dads don't get to do unless they're away from their wives on fishing trips.

The mosquitoes were brutal, and so we had those green mosquito coils all over the cabin. When we went to sleep I left a mosquito coil burning, hanging on a nail above the (very flamable) bed I was in. It nevver occurred to me the coil would burn down to the nail and then FALL OFF ONTO THE BED. It did. Fortunately one of the kids was asthmatic and he woke up as smoke from the smoldering mattress filled the cabin. He woke me and everyone else up and half-asleep I followed him as he got a pot of water, walked back to my bed and put out the burning mattress.

The cabin didn't burn down and I didn't kill anybody. I still shudder every time I ponder that crowning achievement of stupidity.

OK, top that. :)

(Oh, and Asthmatics Rock! :headbang :cheers )

And 15. I made a teacher cry once too, but it wasn't something like that. It was in fifth grade and my best friend, we felt had been ripped off on a test score. So the whole class, with me being the ringleader, argued her. I don't remember what triggered her tears, but the teacher was a crybaby anyways. She cried all through the lunch hour and then the girls in the class made a "We're all sorry" poster.

Hahaha, dips***...you dont piss them off, you make them feel better about themselves. Make friends with them...then they do change your grades for the better and sometimes look the other way when you do something obviously stupid. If ya piss them off, they will piss on ya.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG and flat.  I'd agree with that.

[/economist]

BTW one dumb thing I know we both did would have to be Tornado Watching. :)

That's the coolest thing we ever did. Only here in Texas that crap will get you really killed unlike the puny whirlwinds up there, hehe.