Why the heck were we so pessimistic?

Loaiza21

Damn I think we all had the wrong idea with our team here. Maybe it's because we thought the things we've done in the past would come back and haunt us, but in actuality didn't. I went to Opening Day and I'm going back to the park today to see them sweep KC, but when I was there Tuesday I saw a completely different team. Pauly looked awesome just hitting ropes instead of pulling the ball the majority of the time. He usually hits his homers to the far left, but that homer he had hit was a line drive that he just scalded to the 375 mark. Konerko probably was just going for a gap shot too. I liked Rowand's bunt in the 4th or 5th inning. I just love the way this team is playing for Ozzie. I saw Frank take off his hat in the introduction and he also was at the top of the dugout. I hope the fans pack the stadium today and we get this sweep and possibly a tie for first place. Go Sox!

Clam up

:lolhitting I was one of the few that stayed optimistic about the season,but the one's that weren't, they focused to much on what we lost and how we didn't gain anything. But what we needed was just the people we already had needed to step up.

Pessimism is in NO short supply among Sox fans.

It's when the pessimism gets in the way of enjoying the positives that I think it becomes bothersome to me.

I'm very happy with the start, glitches and all, and I think the aggressive style of play will pay off in the end.

Taking the extra base, making the opposition throw the ball around - it's all good to me.

There are things to be concerned about, to be sure, but the negativity can get a little tiresome.

No matter what we lost in players over the offseason, optimism should have reigned after the firing of Jerry Manuel. I'm tellin' ya, that guy singlehandedly cost us a shot at the World Series last year. I don't care if we would've lost 1/2 the team from last season, as long as JM was on the bus with them out of town I was going to be positive about this season.

Exit: Colon, Gordon, Everett, Alomar, Graffy, Daubach

Disappointing 2003: Kong, Koch, Mark (1st half)

Question Marks: Ozzie, Lead off, closer, defense up the middle

Additions: Zero!?, Uribe

History.

Gee, I have no idea why I was pessimistic. :rolleyes:

at 5-3 I am not yet dancing in the streets.

Now if we play at that rate all season and end with 102 wins, then I will ask the question about pessimism.

And I will dance in the stands, in the street, etc.

But it is far too soon to judge anything yet,

at 5-3 I am not yet dancing in the streets.

Now if we play at that rate all season and end with 102 wins, then I will ask the question about pessimism. 

And I will dance in the stands, in the street, etc.

But it is far too soon to judge anything yet,

Wouldn't you have 101 wins :D

After last season's start, I am giddy and dancing. Something I didn't do until July last year.

It is sad, I think there is a large group of Sox fans that are not even enjoying any of the good things happening right now. I am not saying that these people are rooting for them to lose, but there are some that are so pessemistic and want to be hailed as great baseball experts in their analysis of everything wrong with the Sox, that I think they are actually upset when things turn out good. If they win and the guys they proclaimed to be losers turn out to be big contributors, they will be wrong and won't be able to take the blow to their ego. To each his own, and they are entitled to their opinion, but I feel sorry for some of them because they can't seem to share the joy when there is some.

It is sad, I think there is a large group of Sox fans that are not even enjoying any of the good things happening right now. I am not saying that these people are rooting for them to lose, but there are some that are so pessemistic and want to be hailed as great baseball experts in their analysis of everything wrong with the Sox, that I think they are actually upset when things turn out good. If they win and the guys they proclaimed to be losers turn out to be big contributors, they will be wrong and won't be able to take the blow to their ego. To each his own, and they are entitled to their opinion, but I feel sorry for some of them because they can't seem to share the joy when there is some.

I am enjoying, I much prefer the 5-3 start over last year's.

This season I have no expectations however.

I am not optimistic or pessimistic; I am wait-and-see-istic.

Speaking of seeing, I did not see you Tuesday - we got to figure out when we can get together with huge and zach61. Well, you get together with them all the time but I don't.

Speaking of enjoying, I had 3 beers prior to the game and 1 at the time, a new USCF high for me (I have seasons without a beer) and in a desire to lower the BAC I resorted to eating the nachos. Which IO did not enjoy. But I did enjoy a Blue Moon beer courtesy of ss2k4! :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

I am enjoying, I much prefer the 5-3 start over last year's. 

This season I have no expectations however.

I am not optimistic or pessimistic; I am wait-and-see-istic.

Speaking of seeing, I did not see you Tuesday -  we got to figure out when we can get together with huge and zach61.  Well, you get together with them all the time but I don't.   

Speaking of enjoying, I had 3 beers prior to the game and 1 at the time, a new USCF high for me (I have seasons without a beer) and in a desire to lower the BAC I resorted to eating the nachos.  Which IO did not enjoy.  But I did enjoy a Blue Moon beer courtesy of ss2k4! :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

We were there, we got stuck parking on the other side of lot E near the tracks. I walked over and saw RPS, Steff, ss2k4 and some others, but had to get back and eat before Huge and his brother finished off the Krispy Kremes. I was out there yesterday as well with Huge, but we did not tailgate. We enjoyed the calamari at Gio's instead.

We were there, we got stuck parking on the other side of lot E near the tracks. I walked over and saw RPS, Steff, ss2k4 and some others, but had to get back and eat before Huge and his brother finished off the Krispy Kremes. I was out there yesterday as well with Huge, but we did not tailgate. We enjoyed the calamari at Gio's instead.

how'd you see steff, ss2k4, RPS, etc and not see me? We must have missed each by seconds. No one told me you were there :angry:

Oh well, my best to everyone and when is the next saturday or Sunday you will be there?

how'd you see steff, ss2k4, RPS, etc and not see me?  We must have missed each by seconds.  No one told me you were there :angry:

Oh well, my best to everyone and when is the next saturday or Sunday you will be there?

Maybe none of them like me anymore and didn't want to admit seeing me. :lol:

Not sure of the next weekend game I will be at, our package is all weekday games. I will let you know if I am going to a weekend game.

Maybe none of them like me anymore and didn't want to admit seeing me.  :lol:

Not sure of the next weekend game I will be at, our package is all weekday games. I will let you know if I am going to a weekend game.

I am not sure I have your current email address and all that -

check your pm

It is too early to say anything yet.....but I am very happy with this season so far other than our BP of course

Let's see how we do once our bats cool off....which will happen

Let's see how we do when we get to the crunch games

To me the biggest part of this season is if we are leading the division by 60 game mark, I BETTER SEE THE USCF FILLED OR NEAR FILLED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR......if we do not support our team even now, we do not deserve any larger payroll

I want to see us re-sign Maggs, and then get Nomah and one stud pitcher next year to make this a seriously lethal club for next year

But for that to happen, fans have to come out

they came after I left?

I couldn't have waited much more -

had to get in and use the john as well as I am pathological about being in my seat for Home Run of the Century -

Well.. you have that long walk up. We stayed out there until 1ish and made it the the bathroom and to our seats in time for the Ozzie/Fisk show.

Well.. you have that long walk up. We stayed out there until 1ish and made it the the bathroom and to our seats in time for the Ozzie/Fisk show.

wasn't it cool seeing Fisk? That had tears in my eyes.

Yeah I did have the long walk up. Step aerobics pay off in being able to walk to the UD and keep the pulse rate down! :headbang :headbang

Damn I think we all had the wrong idea with our team here. Maybe it's because we thought the things we've done in the past would come back and haunt us, but in actuality didn't. I went to Opening Day and I'm going back to the park today to see them sweep KC, but when I was there Tuesday I saw a completely different team. Pauly looked awesome just hitting ropes instead of pulling the ball the majority of the time. He usually hits his homers to the far left, but that homer he had hit was a line drive that he just scalded to the 375 mark. Konerko probably was just going for a gap shot too. I liked Rowand's bunt in the 4th or 5th inning. I just love the way this team is playing for Ozzie. I saw Frank take off his hat in the introduction and he also was at the top of the dugout. I hope the fans pack the stadium today and we get this sweep and possibly a tie for first place. Go Sox!

Can't speak for myself (92 wins, remember?), but I am sure that little thing called HISTORY may have played some part in fostering the aura of negavity.

Hell look at last 3 years:

2001 - average.

2002 - mediocre

2003 - average (2000 Sox would have won 105 games in that punk-ass divison).