Why the heck were we so pessimistic?

Loaiza21

I was pessimistic cuz I though t our bullpen would suck.

Guess what? Our bullpen DOES suck!

Koch, Shingo, Jackson...are you gonna tell me that this is the best that we can get?!?

Mike Jackson hasn't given up an earned run yet this year. He is an equal replacement to what Gordon was last year. He is only a couple years older than Gordon and has a lower career ERA. I would consider him a positive in the bullpen right now. Adkins and Politte haven't looked bad at all either, and Marte will be fine.

"We" NEED Kelly Wunsch back!

BTW..."we" need to start sitting Valentin against lefties, OR, flip-flop him and Rowand in the batting order vs lefties.

Jose is hitting .316 against lefties with a double and triple so far.

"We" NEED Kelly Wunsch back!

BTW..."we" need to start sitting Valentin against lefties, OR, flip-flop him and Rowand in the batting order vs lefties.

Valentin has gone 6 of his last 13 AB's against lefties since starting 0-6 with 6 K's. It looks like something has clicked.

Mike Jackson hasn't given up an earned run yet this year. He is an equal replacement to what Gordon was last year. He is only a couple years older than Gordon and has a lower career ERA. I would consider him a positive in the bullpen right now. Adkins and Politte haven't looked bad at all either, and Marte will be fine.

:crying Koch and Zero cast large shadows. And wouldn't you know it, they have big gauranteed contracts

:crying Koch and Zero cast large shadows. And wouldn't you know it, they have big gauranteed contracts

Leave it to throw KW to throw big money at the likes of Botch while dragging his feet on Maggs's extension and letting a proven reliever like Foulke go.

This guy kills me sometimes

Valentin has gone 6 of his last 13 AB's against lefties since starting 0-6 with 6 K's.  It looks like something has clicked.

The "something" that has clicked is superior coordination and batspeed from the left side. You'd be suprised how much sexier one's stats can be if one doesn't waste 100 abtats (to say nothing of countless hours of batting practice) basically swing-bunting against ML pitching.

As long as he doesn't start swinging at balls in the dirt as he did in the season's first 6 atbats (6 Ks), he will be alright -- compared to his 370 OPS as a RH last year, anything is a significant improvement. Literally.