Split from gamethread

sox4lifeinPA

:nono

hey miss don't tell me what to do...

don't tell me what to do.

Comprehension issues today..?? I did no such thing.

How about you not make comments about players sexuality - even in jest.

Now I did.

Comprehension issues today..?? I did no such thing.

How about you not make comments about players sexuality - even in jest.

Now I did.

the word gay has ZERO reference towards sexuality....

it's a hijacked word, and I've re-hijacked the word to mean "stupid".

have a nice day.

the word gay has ZERO reference towards sexuality....

it's a hijacked word, and I've re-hijacked the word to mean "stupid".

have a nice day.

ya know, maybe it doesnt mean anything to you... but there's a whole lotta people, me included, who get offended when people use the word gay to mean stupid.... i've got a whole lotta gay friends who are anything but stupid. It's just an ignorant and unintelligent thing to say in that context.

ya know, maybe it doesnt mean anything to you... but there's a whole lotta people, me included, who get offended when people use the word gay to mean stupid....  i've got a whole lotta gay friends who are anything but stupid.  It's just an ignorant and unintelligent thing to say in that context.

Are they happy or delighted? The word was hijacked by the homosexual meaning. So in effect gay = stupid is a hijack of a hijacked term.

Now shall we discuss God's rainbow message?

Don't worry, you're among friends.

I did it cause it was a budding fight in the middle of the game thread. people want to find out what's going on, or they want to talk about the game, without going through posts from people who are lookin for a fight.

ya know, maybe it doesnt mean anything to you... but there's a whole lotta people, me included, who get offended when people use the word gay to mean stupid....  i've got a whole lotta gay friends who are anything but stupid.  It's just an ignorant and unintelligent thing to say in that context.

I agree with PA on this one...I do not think the word gay used in the context of a dumbass, stupid idiot, moron, et al is bad. I say it all the time, and I have no problem saying that I do.

I did it cause it was a budding fight in the middle of the game thread. people want to find out what's going on, or they want to talk about the game, without going through posts from people who are lookin for a fight.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have any problem with it being done... I just correcting a misconception.

Not this s*** again. Look, use words however you wish in your company, but if you are communicating with people who are offended and have politely asked that you not promote behavior that offends them, have the decency to respect that even if you are not offended nor intending such.

I totally agree with Reddy here, totally

it is too easy to use a word that offends and say "well I have a different meaning for it."

It offends. Respect is an appropriate choice.

Not this s*** again.  Look, use words however you wish in your company, but if you are communicating with people who are offended and have politely asked that you not promote behavior that offends them, have the decency to respect that even if you are not offended nor intending such.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

excellent call my friend :headbang