Split from gamethread

sox4lifeinPA

I agree with PA on this one...I do not think the word gay used in the context of a dumbass, stupid idiot, moron, et al is bad. I say it all the time, and I have no problem saying that I do.

others have a problem with it

I have a probelm with it

it is offensive to use it as a term for dumbass, stupid idiot, moron, et al

substitute the word "n*****" for "gay" and that is howm it comes across

substitute the phrase "straight white suburban boy" for "gay" then if you need a phrase for dumbass, stupid idiot, moron, et al - and see how that goes over

long history here

respect

respect

respect

please as a friend I beg, don't use it here regardless of what you do elsewhere

others have a problem with it

I have a probelm with it

it is offensive to use it as a term for dumbass, stupid idiot, moron, et al

substitute the word "n*****" for "gay" and that is howm it comes across

substitute the phrase "straight white suburban boy" for "gay" then if you need a phrase for dumbass, stupid idiot, moron, et al - and see how that goes over

long history here

respect

respect

respect

please as a friend I beg, don't use it here regardless of what you do elsewhere

I will do my best.

I did it cause it was a budding fight in the middle of the game thread. people want to find out what's going on, or they want to talk about the game, without going through posts from people who are lookin for a fight.

Yea.. I had an issue with the comment being made in the first place, too. Ya know.. in the middle of a game thread.. where it had no business...

:rolleyes:

Yea.. I had an issue with the comment being made in the first place, too. Ya know.. in the middle of a game thread.. where it had no business...

:rolleyes:

as opposed to discussing magglio's kids name in a game thread. your comments have as much validity in the arena as mine do. play by your own rules.

I did it cause it was a budding fight in the middle of the game thread. people want to find out what's going on, or they want to talk about the game, without going through posts from people who are lookin for a fight.

in hindsight, I agree with you spiff. good call. I assumed something that wasn't true. my bad.

Actually I have no idea who split this stuff out, but PA can't do it.  He isn't a mod on the main board, so someone else did it.

thank you for correcting this misconception. my choice would have been to keep it in with the rest of the useless drivel in the game thread.

ya know, maybe it doesnt mean anything to you... but there's a whole lotta people, me included, who get offended when people use the word gay to mean stupid....  i've got a whole lotta gay friends who are anything but stupid.  It's just an ignorant and unintelligent thing to say in that context.

they're getting offended by a word that doesn't belong to them in the first place. I wish no ill on anyone in this world, especially those who face persecution, such as homosexuals, orphans, widows, and resident aliens (internationals, if you will).

The point is, queen soxtalk herself assumed I was defaming Magglio Ordonez as a homosexual. making the comparison of the word "ni#$##" to the word "gay" is irresponsible. that word has a clear derrogatory meaning and origin, whilst the word "gay" most definitely does not.

in retrospect, I shouldn't have used that word. stupid means stupid, and I'll use that from now on. I like stef, she's one of the best posters here. I'm sorry if I pissed you and others off, it was not my intention. I just don't like to be bullied around, and I feel that there's a sox4life backlash 'round these parts.

if you don't want me here, I'm gone. just PM with your reasons.

alex

they're getting offended by a word that doesn't belong to them in the first place. I wish no ill on anyone in this world, especially those who face persecution, such as homosexuals, orphans, widows, and resident aliens (internationals, if you will).

The point is, queen soxtalk herself assumed I was defaming Magglio Ordonez as a homosexual. making the comparison of the word "ni#$##" to the word "gay" is irresponsible. that word has a clear derrogatory meaning and origin, whilst the word "gay" most definitely does not.

in retrospect, I shouldn't have used that word. stupid means stupid, and I'll use that from now on. I like stef, she's one of the best posters here. I'm sorry if I pissed you and others off, it was not my intention. I just don't like to be bullied around, and I feel that there's a sox4life backlash 'round these parts.

alex

I personally don't think any1 bullies ya round here PA, and if they accidently do it's all in good fun. I for 1 really enjoy ur posts around here and think u add a lot to this website. Hope to see ya back soon and not for a long absence. :)

as opposed to discussing magglio's kids name in a game thread. your comments have as much validity in the arena as mine do. play by your own rules.

I wasn't discussing their names... :dips***

alex

Actually the point is that you ASSume something that isn't true. Common with you PA.. no surprise. :lol:

I've got nothing against you. The initial comment about guarding the SL&P board was supposed to be humerous.. too bad that got missunderstood. It's all good when you're just kidding.. but heaven for bid someone else takes a shot. :rolleyes:

As far as you being bullied.. I barely talk to you so I have no idea about that.

Thanks for making a mountain out a molehill spiff. Good job!! :headbang

in hindsight, I agree with you spiff. good call. I assumed something that wasn't true. my bad.

I don't know who in the hell he thought was about to fight.. but in my opinion he is/was way off base.

thank you for correcting this misconception. my choice would have been to keep it in with the rest of the useless drivel in the game thread.

The suspicion was when your name is listed as the thread started.. why didn't spiff author it and explain why he did so upfront..? :huh

Actually the point is that you ASSume something that isn't true. Common with you PA.. no surprise.  :lol:

I've got nothing against you. The initial comment about guarding the SL&P board was supposed to be humerous.. too bad that got missunderstood. It's all good when you're just kidding.. but heaven for bid someone else takes a shot.  :rolleyes: 

As far as you being bullied.. I barely talk to you so I have no idea about that.

Thanks for making a mountain out a molehill spiff. Good job!!  :headbang

thanks...apology accepted..... :rolleyes: