O-E-O MAAAAAAGGGGGGLLLLLIIIIOOOOO!!!!

CSF

A lot of times it is easy to predict.

However, not a lot of people picked the Sox to be good in February.  Not until March did I jump on the bandwagon.

And then there's the obvious "No one predicted the Angels/Marlins blah blah blah..."

I won't bore you with that.  I think that's a little boring to read after a while personaly.  Sure there are always exceptions to the rule.  But people say that s*** because of what has happened in the past and what will inevitably happen in the future.  There is a reason no one picked the Marlins to win last year...consider that they still have never won a division title(though that looks like it could change this year), and that the Angels, IIRC, had never won a playoff series before 2002, and you can understand why no one picked them.  You can see why no one picks the Brewers, Pirates, Expos, Devil Rays, Tigers, Rangers, etc...what happens in the past sticks in the minds of many people and will make people think that way all the time.

No one predicted the Marlins or Angels to win it all, but they were regarded as good sleeper picks, whereas, the Brewers, Tigers, Pirates, Rockies, Rangers, Indians, Expos, Reds, Devil Rays, and a few others (dare I say Blue Jays, Orioles, Dodgers, Mets, and the Royals with their lousy starting rotation) were all done before the 2004 season started as far as I'm concerned. And I'm just talking about making the playoffs, where anything can happen (4 #1 seeds can go down in the first round :headshake ).

The San Diego Padres are the only team that really jumps out at you this year as a good sleeper pick, although they don't appear to have an area of excellence, as the Angels did with offense & the Marlins did with their young studs (:huh:) before their respective seasons started.

But you know what you have in Oakland, Anaheim, Seattle, Chicago White Sox, Minnesota, NY Yankees, Boston, Philadelphia, Florida, Atlanta, Chicago Cubs, St. Louis, Houston, San Francisco, and Arizona, though. If any of these teams make it to the playoffs, it won't be a surprise. Arizona still has life in that division.

I still look back and laugh at the Vikings not making the playoffs.  You wanna know why they didn't make the playoffs?  Because they lost to the 4 teams that finished 4-12 in the regular season(believe it or not, it's true...they lost to the Chargers, Raiders, Giants, and Cardinals....LMFAO).  They win half of those games, and they are 11-5, and if they win all of them, they are 13-3 and looking at a first-round bye.  That's why you have to beat those teams.

I also laugh because both the Vikings' and Packers' seasons essentially ended on a 4th and 26(while the Vikings season actually did come to a halt at 4th and 26, the Packers gave up a huge 4th and 26 that was basically a swift kick in the groin, and it ended right then and there when the people's champion Freddy Mitchell caught that ball)

I followed the Vikings very closely throughout the year, as I never lost hope in the Bears, even after they took a s*** on Monday night & allowed 17 in the first quarter. I have to admit that I figured the Vikings would be 5-11 at best before the season started. They were 6-0 through six games. Before the season started, the consensus was that they wouldn't do much because of their lack of defense, but they were forcing like five turnovers per game through the first six. It's impossible to predict these things. If they had Ray Lewis and Champ Bailey, then maybe I'd understand.

How could the Raiders and Bucs not make the playoffs after playing in the super bowl the previous year? What is that? It's enough to give you a migraine. The same thing happened to the Patriots and Rams after they played each other in the super bowl the previous year. Tagliabue is an idiot in my world. Football is kind of a joke in 2004, IMO. Take a look at Kansas City's schedule last year. Their only formidable opponents were the Broncos and Ravens. What kind of schedule is that? There are too many teams, too much roster turnover, etc. Thank the lord for baseball. Sure, we have to put up with this bogus salary cap situation, and certain teams can't hang on to their marquee players, but at least schedules are consistent & you know what to expect before the season starts.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey cheat, what happened to "your name"? i thought you were waiting til someone signed up with the username "your name"... did you remake it or did you recover your source file?

to get back on topic--resign maggs today!!!

I was pissed that I lost it... I worked on it for 2 hours the following night..

Cheat, what did you use to make that? Photoshop or PSP? It's awesome. I just started using Photoshop a couple weeks ago so im still tryin gto learn how to do most stuff

Niether... I used fireworks... I'm no good with photoshop... I did use the Magnetic Lasso tool in Photoshop though.. That's the best tool ever :headbang

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang

No one can tell me this team is not one of the best in the league right now.  They are playing as well as anyone and have already won games in several different ways(and we've only won 6 games).  They are hitting homers to win, getting hits to win, pitching the s*** out of the ball to win, and then winning games with combos of those. 

With another starter - preferably a top of the line starter - and another quality reliever or two, this team is quite possibly the most dangerous team in the major leagues.

GO SOX!!!  :headbang

Sweet f***in' sig man! :headbang

And I can't agree more, this offense is really more dangerous than last years. We're moving runners over, stealing, and we still have the power to fall back on. The pitching's going to get there, and I just see big things for this year.

is Fireworks a macromedia tool? Cuz i just bought a whole Macromedia package, but i havent looked at it yet

yep. Fireworks is pretty good software. Photoshop is a little easier to use IMO but they both can do some really cool stuff with pics. Since you've seen dh.com some of the wallpapers on there was done with photoshop and that's it.

dude all magglio is the f***ing s***. playing phenomenal right now.

this is %$$#@### great!!!!! we're now using swearwords to connote good things. so if i say mike jackson is a motherf-ing big a$$ b****ing s***baller it means he pitched a hell of a two innings like he did today! you the f-ing ass s*** mike jackson!!!!!

this is %$$#@### great!!!!! we're now using swearwords to connote good things. so if i say mike jackson is a motherf-ing big a$$ b****ing s***baller it means he pitched a hell of a two innings like he did today! you the f-ing ass s*** mike jackson!!!!!

You forgot to beep the word b**** out. :rolleyes:

You just gave Mariotti the subject of tomorrow's column. Or, he may say they couldn't get motivated to beat the Sox with the small crowd there.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Moronatti is always looking to downplay and minimize our accomplishments. If he isin't writing about the hangnail that a Flubbs player has then he'll be writing about some petty thing that's supposedly wrong with the Sox.

f*** him.

China is too good for him.  Send him to Iran so the fundamentalist Mullahs can sacrifice his ass in the public square..

They won't sacrifice him. They will send him back here to continue his sabatogue. Maybe if we send him to China they will mistake him for a dog, and make some Kung Pow Chicken out of him...