read this crap

some

Welcome

Message Board Guidelines

Back To Discussion List

General - From the desk of Jim Hendry: Big Trade Subscribe

To: ALL (1 of 76)

Dear Cub fans everywhere:

It has been two whole months since my last post here. I have been discouraged with MLB.com recently. (I have been spending much of my free time at the Cubs Kingdom. Many of you have the URL to get there. For those who don’t, just do a Google search using ‘cubs kingdom’. The first choice on the page should give you the URL). I have also been extremely busy of late preparing for the 2004 season. I have certainly missed many of my good cyber friends. Anyways, I am here to inform you all of a huge trade that will be going through in the next couple weeks between us, the Braves, and the Giants. We are only a week into the season, but I see some room for improvement. I prefer to be proactive as opposed to being reactive, so I am getting on it right away. Here is the run down:

Braves get Edgardo Alfonzo, Jeffery Hammonds, Brendan Harris, Nic Jackson, Angel Guzman, and Sergio Mitre.

Giants get Moises Alou.

Cubs get Marcus Giles and Chipper Jones.

With this trade, we get a legitimate everyday player for 2B and a lead-off hitter in Giles. We also break up all of our right-hand power with the steady left-handed bat of Jones. Todd Walker will still be seeing time at 1B and 2B. We will call up Damian Jackson from Iowa to play SS and split time with Mark Grudzielanek. We hope to pan off Alex S. Gonzalez to a California team in exchange for a crate of California avocados. Chipper Jones in LF is not much of a step down defensively from Alou.

Braves are planning on rebuilding, as they obviously don’t have a team that can compete with the Phillies or Marlins this season. Alfonzo will help the depth at 3B, as they currently only have DeRosa over there. Hammonds will be able to step in and make an immediate impact, while Nic Jackson is slowly worked into the everyday lineup. Harris is projected to be there starting guy at 2B by the close of the ’04 season. Guzman is the main that guy they wanted out of this deal. Mitre impressed them the other day as well. They expect to be dominant again with their starting pitching before long.

The Giants fear that Pierzynski won’t be a formidable guy to bat behind Bonds for the entire season. They also don’t have faith in Michael Tucker to be their everyday right fielder. Moises is the perfect fit, as he will be reunited with dear old Dad, play RF, his natural position, and be a great clutch hitter to bat behind Bonds.

As many of you know, I put a lot of effort into responding to each post directed to me. I am limited on time these days, so I may not respond to each and every post. That does not mean that your feedback is not valued. I am also prepared to field your questions regarding any other issue regarding the Cubs. Remember, I am not just the General Manager of the Chicago Cubs, I am also a fan.

Yours Truly,

Jim Hendry, General Manager Chi (N)

Options Reply

guy on the cubs board posing has jim hendry. i think its crap.

"We hope to pan off Alex S. Gonzalez to a California team in exchange for a crate of California avocados."

Unless you're "mentally challenged", you could have stopped reading that stupid s*** at that point.

NO general manager would say something like that about a player, ESPECIALLY when he has not yet traded him.

.....well, maybe Dallas Green might have..... :lol:

For a second, we'll pretend it is Jim Hendry...

Why in the f*** would San Francisco want Moises Alou? Alou is pretty much strictly a LFer, and the Giants have some guy named Barry Bonds in LF. I think he is like 3rd on the all time list for career homers, so yeah.

Also...can you say ONE-SIDED? Ho.ly.s***. Cubs get Jones and Giles, Braves get Alfonso and prospects, and the Giants get Alou. For some reason, I think someone is getting the better end of that deal, but I can't seem to put a finger on it.

Now, for a second, we'll pretend I'm Kenny Williams

Pirates get Milton Bradley, Scott Schoenweis, a bag of baseballs, Felix Diaz, and Carlos Castillo

Dodgers get Paul Konerko

White Sox get Kip Wells and Edwin Jackson

Is that trade not about as fair as the one that this dips*** assclown posted?

Just as a future note...don't post that dumbass s***. We don't want to make Cubs fans feel any stupider then they already are.

BS BS BS BS

Even if true, like they would announce it to the frickin' world on a message board.  Can we just move on please?

I do know that the main Red Sox owner likes to post on the MLB.com message board from time to time.

But as for the trade LMAO! That is hilarious.

What would be the 1st question u'd ask him witesoxfan?  ;)

The first question I'd probably ask him is what in the hell are you doing on a message board. :lol:

Honest to god, I have no idea what I'd ask him. I wouldn't ask him anything about payroll, because I don't see why we need to have a $70-80 mill payroll. I think he is putting enough money into the team.

If I really had to ask him something, I'd probably ask why, if he really wanted one World Series ring more then anything(so much so that he'd trade in all 6 Bulls rings for 1 World Series ring), he wouldn't just sell his share of the Bulls and put more money into the White Sox. That's probably all I would ask him.