Thomas opens his yap again.

Yeah and I have two people staring at blank screens here cause I told them I was too busy to come fix their machines... :lol:

"Uhhhh.. hold on a second. I'll be right there.. there's uhhh.. a problem I just HAVE to take care of on this MLB stat site... " :ph34r:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just riles me up when people call him Big Skirt. That name was created by the assholes on the north side and should never be spoken by a Sox fan.  :angry:

That name is well deserved by the Skirt. He is constantly whining about this that and the other. I'm just so sick of it.

I'll tell you what. Someone make me a photoshop of Skirt with a bonnet on and a rattle in one hand sitting in a baby carriage and I'll stop calling him skirt.

Tell em to shut the hell up and hit CTL-ALT-DELETE.  Those morons searching for those 3 keys should buy another half hour. :lol:

I told them to just leave them and go to lunch...but that was at 12:30...so they should be comin back soon.....I really should prolly get up there..... :unsure:

NAH...this is more fun!! :headbang

Was that where it originated??  I thought it was from sox fans....we are much harder on our own then any opposing fan could ever be.

No, I remember the cross town series at the Urinal in 1999, a lot of the scrub fans were sporting T-shirts with that name. That was the first time it was mentioned.

I thought that was another Kotex-Boy original?  ANyone know for sure where that came from??? :huh

I really dont care where it came from, it's fitting and until I come up with a better one that's what I'm using origins be damned.

If I seem a bit aggressive tonight it's because I'm really s***ty drunk and just got done playing HALO with some of the boys for like the past 5 hours. :lol: :lol: :cheers

Tell em to shut the hell up and hit CTL-ALT-DELETE.  Those morons searching for those 3 keys should buy another half hour. :lol:

Step one is to unplug the machine and then reboot.

Tech support does that because

A. It usually fixes the problem -and-

B. Gives them 5 minutes to look up step 2

And I thought Steff was The Big Skirt to cover her big :o

I really dont care where it came from, it's fitting and until I come up with a better one that's what I'm using origins be damned. 

If I seem a bit aggressive tonight it's because I'm really s***ty drunk and just got done playing HALO with some of the boys for like the past 5 hours. :lol:  :lol:  :cheers

Why come up with anything like that at all? Does it accomplish anything?

Raf.. no offense here.. but Frank does not just stand in front of his locker and say.. "OK.. who wants to hear me b**** about my contract..?" He's egged on because they know he's an easy target.

I am so F'g sick of hearing about Maggs, Maggs, Maggs!

Would you people get over annoiting him the best in the AL? He's NOT!

He's the best on the White Sox, but in comparison to other MVP candidates every year he doesn't deserve 15 MIL a year.

I'm sorry you don't want to hear this, but when Garrett Anderson signs a 48/4 to remain with the Angels that's WHAT YOU CALL LOVING THE TEAM YOU PLAY FOR!!!

As much as you don't like Thomas' whinning is production is still on a Hall Of Fame road & for the avg price per year the SOX paid it was/remains a bargain!

Right now I am souring on Maggs because the story keeps changing.

When the story changes you know the player is essentially going to pull a Colon & go to the highest bidder. The SOX would be CRAZY to sign him to a 75/5 avg. If that's what it's going to take to keep Maggs, then Sayonara buddy!

The best scale I can find in evaluation Maggs is Sagarin's RPG.

The table includes both the RPG stats & fantasy dollar value.

Right now in the AL here are the SOX rankings:

Every-day players:

Maggs #9

Koney #25

CLee #40

JVal #44

FThom #54

ARowa #68

JCrede #91

Part-time:

Olivo #4

Uribe #8

SAlo #16

WHa #32

Bench:

Perez #14

Gload #20

Thomas should really keep quiet until he cracks the top 20.

But Maggs should not be thinking he's a 75/5 until he cracks the top 5!

Maggs might not like the truth but he is coming off of a weaker year (2003).

Final 2003 RPG rankings:

FThom #6

MOrdo #11

Final 2002 RPG rankings:

MOrdo #6

FThom #22

Final 2001 RPG rankings:

MOrdo #11

Koney #24

Final 2000 RPG rankings:

FThom #4

MOrdo #24

As you can see the only player to crack the top 5 on the SOX in the new millenium is Thomas. The RPG numbers explain much more. Though Maggs ranking has adjusted slightly over the years his RPG has remained flat. His best year was 2002

and his RPG was 7.88. That's his best in 4 yrs. His avg is about 7.50.

The top 5 in RPG typically avg between 9.50 & 10.50. Even if you don't understand RPG you can still see the difference in Maggs avg compared to the rest.

Does any body have a player salary ranking list?

Maggs does not deserve the Manny, Delgado, or A-Rod money.

He has never had an RPG higher than 7.88.

He does deserve Beltran, Sweeney, Posada money.

The SOX are willing to pay him 56/4. That's on the table right now.

Maggs wants a min of 70/5.

Here's where that ranks based on ESPN:

Higher than any ANA player by 3 mil.

Higher than any BAL player by 8 mil.

3rd on BOS (2 mil more than Schilling)

Higher than any CLE player by 6.5 mil.

Higher than any DET player by 5.5 mil

Higher than any KAN player by 3 mil.

Higher than any MIN player by 3.5 mil.

Higher than any OAK player by 2.5 mil.

5th on NYY (1.5 mil more than Giambi)

Higher than any SEA player by 6 mil.

Higher than any TAM player by 6.5 mil.

Higher than any TEX player by 200K

2nd on TOR (7 mil behind Delgado)

If you're asking how can that be, because ESPN is taking into consideration deferred money. Maggs doesn't like deferred money so is salary towers over most in 2004.

If I had to choose betw paying Maggs 70/5 or looking to spend 50/4 on a Beltran or other great OF free agent I'm letting Maggs go. Even with the week he's had he's still barely cracking the top 10. He simply doesn't deserve to be the 6th highest player in the AL. Or worse the 4th highest position player in the AL.

Again, IF Frank said this recently, he is a total moron. There are players out there that hit .300, and drive in 100 runs who don't make a ton more than the 6 million he's making. If he's worth so much, why wasn't there a big calling for him when he was allowed to shop around a year or two ago in free agency? Be happy with your 6 million, and just learn to budget slightly like some of us regualr people do!

I am so F'g sick of hearing about Maggs, Maggs, Maggs! 

Would you people get over annoiting him the best in the AL?  He's NOT!

He's the best on the White Sox, but in comparison to other MVP candidates every year he doesn't deserve 15 MIL a year.

I'm sorry you don't want to hear this, but when Garrett Anderson signs a 48/4 to remain with the Angels that's WHAT YOU CALL  LOVING THE TEAM YOU PLAY FOR!!!

As much as you don't like Thomas' whinning is production is still on a Hall Of Fame road & for the avg price per year the SOX paid it was/remains a bargain!

Right now I am souring on Maggs because the story keeps changing.

When the story changes you know the player is essentially going to pull a Colon & go to the highest bidder.  The SOX would be CRAZY to sign him to a 75/5 avg.  If that's what it's going to take to keep Maggs, then Sayonara buddy!

The best scale I can find in evaluation Maggs is Sagarin's RPG.

The table includes both the RPG stats & fantasy dollar value.

Right now in the AL here are the SOX rankings:

Every-day players:

Maggs #9

Koney #25

CLee #40

JVal  #44

FThom #54

ARowa #68

JCrede #91

Part-time:

Olivo #4

Uribe #8

SAlo #16

WHa #32

Bench:

Perez #14

Gload #20

Thomas should really keep quiet until he cracks the top 20.

But Maggs should not be thinking he's a 75/5 until he cracks the top 5!

Maggs might not like the truth but he is coming off of a weaker year (2003).

Final 2003 RPG rankings:

FThom #6

MOrdo #11

Final 2002 RPG rankings:

MOrdo #6

FThom #22

Final 2001 RPG rankings:

MOrdo #11

Koney #24

Final 2000 RPG rankings:

FThom #4

MOrdo #24

As you can see the only player to crack the top 5 on the SOX in the new millenium is Thomas.  The RPG numbers explain much more. Though Maggs ranking has adjusted slightly over the years his RPG has remained flat.  His best year was 2002

and his RPG was 7.88.  That's his best in 4 yrs.  His avg is about 7.50. 

The top 5 in RPG typically avg between 9.50 & 10.50.  Even if you don't understand RPG you can still see the difference in Maggs avg compared to the rest. 

Does any body have a player salary ranking list?

Maggs does not deserve the Manny, Delgado, or A-Rod money.

He has never had an RPG higher than 7.88. 

He does deserve Beltran, Sweeney, Posada money.

The SOX are willing to pay him 56/4.  That's on the table right now.

Maggs wants a min of 70/5. 

Here's where that ranks based on ESPN:

Higher than any ANA player by 3 mil.

Higher than any BAL player by 8 mil.

3rd on BOS (2 mil more than Schilling)

Higher than any CLE player by 6.5 mil.

Higher than any DET player by 5.5 mil

Higher than any KAN player by 3 mil.

Higher than any MIN player by 3.5 mil.

Higher than any OAK player by 2.5 mil.

5th on NYY (1.5 mil more than Giambi)

Higher than any SEA player by 6 mil.

Higher than any TAM player by 6.5 mil.

Higher than any TEX player by 200K

2nd on TOR (7 mil behind Delgado)

If you're asking how can that be, because ESPN is taking into consideration deferred money.  Maggs doesn't like deferred money so is salary towers over most in 2004.

If I had to choose betw paying Maggs 70/5 or looking to spend 50/4 on a Beltran or other great OF free agent I'm letting Maggs go.  Even with the week he's had he's still barely cracking the top 10.  He simply doesn't deserve to be the 6th highest player in the AL.  Or worse the 4th highest position player in the AL.

You should do a PhD in stats...

Again, IF Frank said this recently, he is a total moron.  There are players out there that hit .300, and drive in 100 runs who don't make a ton more than the 6 million he's making.  If he's worth so much, why wasn't there a big calling for him when he was allowed to shop around a year or two ago in free agency?  Be happy with your 6 million, and just learn to budget slightly like some of us regualr people do!

I don't want to insult you but you really should stop evaluating a player's value by 6 games in 2004. The fact is that Frank has ranked in the top 6 in overall offensive production in the AL 2 of the last 4 years. In both those years he finished much further ahead than Maggs. Consider than 2001 was a DL year, & 2002 was a coming back from DL year, that's pretty significant.

The fact that Frank has reached an RPG high of 9.41 & Maggs has reached an RPG high of 7.88 is significant.

In terms of 2003, Frank finished with an RPG of 7.78 (nearly Maggs all-time high) & Maggs finished with an RPG of 7.34 (close to his 4 yr avg).

In terms of 2002, Frank finished with an RPG of 6.10 & Koney finished with an RPG of 6.30 (close to his 4 yr avg).

Here's the bottom line:

With the exception of the DL year in 2001 Frank has either outperformed or come close to performance to Maggs (14 MIL) & Koney (8 MIL).

Which means he's been in the top 3 in BATS on the SOX in every yr but the DL yr.

So for him to enter this season having BEATEN Maggs in 2003 is a little bit of insult.

In a non-baseball context, that's like getting passed over for a promotion by someone you outperformed. You wouldn't feel to happy either.

Now the fact that he has betw 8/10, 10/12 remaiming on the next 2 yrs of the contract certainly weakens his argument. But as I said earlier Frank can't see beyond 2004.

I agree with the stat doctor. Love Maggs, but 4 for 56 is more than fair. If he decides that he wants the money to play in Boston or New York, then we'll just have to spend the 14 million on pitching and a shortstop. We should have help coming form the minors soon in the outfield.

With the numbers Frank puts up (i.e last season), he is grossly UNDERPAID.

....and when he signs, say, a 4/30-type contract and then goes down with chronic backspasms (or did you think a 285-pound, 36yo is just another trivial detail?), thus pretty much crippling Sox' chances to compete for the duration of those 4 years.....I bet you'll love it.

By which I mean....the 90's are over.

Some numbers that compute!!

Mags Salary

2004 Chicago White Sox $ 14,000,000 Outfielder

2003 Chicago White Sox $ 9,000,000 Outfielder

2002 Chicago White Sox $ 6,500,000 Outfielder

2001 Chicago White Sox $ 3,750,000 Outfielder

Right now there are 16 players making more than Maggs... I think Maggs is worthy of top 10 top 15 player money....and here's why

Going by JUGGERNAUT's RPG stats(I never knew about these...thanks)

Which players have been ranked in the top 11 3 years in a row??

Here's who:

Manny Ramirez $22,500,000

Alex Rodriguez $22,000,000

Carlos Delgado $19,700,000

Magglio Ordenez $14,000,000

Jason Giambi $12,428,571

Maggs is right in with that group and currently his only company to be in there this year as well, is Giambi and Ramirez. All this and he isn't a roid freak. He isn't a trouble maker in the locker room and he is coming in to his prime. Sing him NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for showing me those stats....Consisitency is a big factor when it comes to a long term contract... :D

In a non-baseball context, that's like getting passed over for a promotion by someone you outperformed. You wouldn't feel to happy either.

I got one better: people who want to see Frank and Maggs stay no matter the price (say, a combined 25 Mill) are not Sox fans as much as they are Frank and Maggs fans.

Barring unexpected attendance influx, payroll will NOT exceed 70 Mill, so don't even dream it. They only reason why it's at 60+ this year is because KW was stuck with Konerko and Koch.

You simply don't know what you'll get from Frank at this poont, and Magglio is a career 890 OPS (very good but not 15 Mill good) hitter with overrated defense.

Sox will have NO chance at winning the WS with those two taking up 35-40% of the payroll. It's a reality no matter how you want to spin around it.

Damnitt, we have Reed, Anderson, Sweeney, Borchard, Rowand, Perez and Gload. Nothing spectacuar but at least it gives a chance to load up on good pitching to do some damage in the playoffs, Marlins/Angels-style.