Danny Wright

Soxfest

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has given up one run through one inning; little too early to lose hope. By the fifth we should see how Wright does when the pitch count starts to mount and players begin to see him for the third time. If Danny pitches into the 7th I would consider it a f***ing miracle.

He has given up one run through one inning; little too early to lose hope.  By the fifth we should see how Wright does when the pitch count starts to mount and players begin to see him for the third time.  If Danny pitches into the 7th I would consider it a f***ing miracle.

Nothing to do with tonight he is not starter material.

Danny is a punk-ass choker: waits until he gives up the lead and only THEN starts getting curveballs over strikes.

This 2003-esque garbage has GOT to stop -- instead of running D-Rays over 3 straight and coming into the Yankee home series on a 9-3 roll, the team looks lethargic, not picking up breaking ball rotation and jamming themselves.

I've seen this for 3 years now....Oh great, Konerko just flies out meekly on a 3-1 count.

:puke :puke :puke

Case in point:

Danny lets the first two hitters get on with a walk and a hit. Goes 3-1 on the next batter who absolutely smokes the ball right at Konerko for a DP. The next batter lines the ball and only Lee's diving show-string catch saves the RBI triple.

No runs scored, so that's a good thing right?

WRONG: when you pitch like s***, major leaguers are gonna crush you. Luck will only save you for so long. Danny is pitching like crap. No excuse.

Danny is a punk-ass choker:  waits until he gives up the lead and only THEN starts getting curveballs over strikes.

This 2003-esque garbage has GOT to stop -- instead of running D-Rays over 3 straight and coming into the Yankee home series on a 9-3 roll, the team looks lethargic, not picking up breaking ball rotation and jamming themselves.

I've seen this for 3 years now.  Konerko just flies out meekly on a 3-1 count.

:puke  :puke  :puke

First appearance this season of the Suicide Shrug, too.

PK flipped the bat with his head down and half-trotted toward first base.

If we see that too much it can only mean bad news.

Damn, it's almost unfair: Danny is bailed out by ANOTHER excellent defensive play, this time by Perez. He literally doesn't deserve this luck.

HR going just foul, line out DP, pick-off, diving catch, runner gunned down at 3rd.....And still gives up 3 ER to D-Rays in 4 innings.

Ozzie is right to take him out. Even if Cotts gets killed, Danny's ineptitude should not be tolerated.

I think Danny Wright is suited for middle relief when the sox are up by 5 runs or down by five runs. If we have to stay in the org, lets reach down and bring up Rauch. For the last three years we have been waiting for Wright to get his s*** together. The guy will not be getting better soon. Launch him

Wright won 14 in 2002.

How'd that happen?

Bashing DW is boring.

I'd rather cheer for him.

Yes he did, and he still had control problems. He has done nothing since, I realize there was an injury, but maybe starting pitching is not the position for him. I realize the smiley face we should all put on, we are 6-3 with some thrilling wins. We have momentum, we have a team concept, and then we have to deal with a lousy 5th starter. As I see on the board I am certianly not the only one complaining about Wright. Quite frankly I wish he was better, but I do believe that a person runs out of chances.

Wright won 14 in 2002.

How'd that happen?

Bashing DW is boring.

I'd rather cheer for him.

So?

How? Very f***ing simple: Had a 6.00 ERA in the first half. Sox fell out of contention. In pressure-free situations, Danny stopped sucking badly and somehow managed to bring it down to still bad 5.20. In 2003 he was even worse -- much worse. This year, worse still.

Boring, eh? Tell me, how do you like losing the s***tiest division that ever s***tied by a few games in September partly because a mental gimp choker scumbag Wright is missing strikezone by feet and is afraid of his own shadow? I bet you find it exciting, don't you?

If you cheer for him like you cheer for Jose...please don't.