Danny Wright

Soxfest

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think WHIP is the best stat to judge a pitcher...

WHIP is a fantastic stat but I really prfer anything BaseballProspectus throws at me (Anything EQ, PERA, VORP).

I love VORP, I'd marry it if I could. Either that or MLVR...oooo sabermetrics.

Most ppl don't remember in 2002, Dan Wright didn't really come on strong until the 2nd half of the season, and that's where he won the vast majority of his 14 games. Against a better offence, he probably would hav had worse numbers, but he was also fairly unlucky as well, since all 3 runs from his 4 hits that he gave up came from homers.

Keep marching DW out there and please play Rowand everyday the potential these 2 guys NEVER will show is amazing. Keep waiting for the breakthrough that will never come. :puke

That's what they were saying about Carlos Lee this time last year.

Since in any given inning, the offense is trying to score runs and the pitcher is trying to prevent runs, I'll use ERA as the best single stat for judging the effectiveness of a pitcher. It's not foolproof, but it generally gives you an accurate measuement.

Since in any given inning, the offense is trying to score runs and the pitcher is trying to prevent runs, I'll use ERA as the best single stat for judging the effectiveness of a pitcher.  It's not foolproof, but it generally gives you an accurate measuement.

Heretic.

The way Danny was pitching, he "deserved" to get tagged for 5-6 ER easy. 

You can't expect Sox to score 5-6 runs in every road game just to tie it up.   

Paul Abbott was getting his breaker over, Sox needed Danny to come through for once against a weak-hitting team.  He tanked badly. Stop making excuses.

Ok maybe that is the case but he didn't. Our darlings Burhle and Garland did, however, get tagged for 5-6 runns the other day. I think Wright held his own pretty well.

Wright was a prospect when he came up because he threw 94-97.

Against Tampa he was 89-90 mostly.

He hasn't been a flame thrower for quite some time. Unless he somehow finds that lost velocity you can stick a fork in him.

No kidding.

Why did Lugo and Crawford take him deep? 88-89mph fastballs in their wheelhouse while ahead in the count, that's why.

Haven't we learned this with Gary Glover?

the one thing we lack in general on this team is a fireballer. We need one. Koch used to be but isnt anymore. Now opposing teams get the same kind of pitcher everyday and all the bullpen guys are close to the same speed. We need variation. Trade Danny for a minor league AAA fireballer

depends on what u consider gas... marte was hitting 94, politte does hit 97 your right i missed him, and adkins used to hit upper 90s but doesnt anymore... but look at TB even they've got that dude (too lazy to check who) who was throwing 99mph against us

the one thing we lack in general on this team is a fireballer.  We need one.  Koch used to be but isnt anymore.  Now opposing teams get the same kind of pitcher everyday and all the bullpen guys are close to the same speed.  We need variation.  Trade Danny for a minor league AAA fireballer

You can pitch as hard as you want, but its good movement that gets them. I get what you're saying though.