I'm pissed

Heads22

We played our third tennis match of the year tonite...losing 9-0...I never said we were good but we shoulda won some matches tonite. Anywho, I lost my singles match 10-2...I'm improving I know...I play fourth seed varsity...but the loss isn't what is stinging.

In my doubles match, I hit a groundstroke, charged the net, and then I realized the guy was gonna return it...and hard. Apparently, and I don't remember this, coach said I said ohhhh f***.....and I caught a tennis ball right in the hip...God that hurt.....if you've never had someone smoke a tennis ball at you as hard as they can, try it sometime, especially dangerously close to your crotch, and you'll know how I feel. That wouldn't have been bad enough except on the last point of the match, the exact same god damn thing happened and their #1 guy smoked it off my elbow.

Bad nite. :angry:

Not yet....this year.....

One of my finest tennis moments eva, about 5 years, playin another school, and I was playin a really crap dude. Well he just gettin it back and back, no matta how hard i'd hit it again. Eventually I got so frustrated, I smashed by new Wilson Pro Racket so hard against the Ashvelt Concrete, the top of the frame smashed in half. My coach, who was my tutor last year in high school, made my apologise to my opponent and their coach. :lol:

You do have a racquet, use it!

I've cracked a couple racquet frames in my day, good and bad times at the same time. Good times because it makes for a good story, bad times because I had to tell my dad I...uhh...broke my racquet. ;)

My dad would kill me if I had to get racket #4.

The other nite though, I was quicker....the same thing happened....however before I got hit i curled up into the fetal postiton, stuck my racket out and hit the ball over...I didn't even know I did....I was curled up in a ball with my eyes closed and just took a stab at it...:lol:

One of my finest tennis moments eva, about 5 years, playin another school, and I was playin a really crap dude. Well he just gettin it back and back, no matta how hard i'd hit it again. Eventually I got so frustrated, I smashed by new Wilson Pro Racket so hard against the Ashvelt Concrete, the top of the frame smashed in half. My coach, who was my tutor last year in high school, made my apologise to my opponent and their coach.  :lol:

Don't you just hate when guys just hit it back? That reminds me of a funny story. Last year my school's varsity team (I was on the sophomore/JV team) would have placed in a tie for 3rd in state, but one of our doubles players smashed in racquet after his team lost their match. IHSA (Illinois High School Association) took away a point from our team, costing us 3rd and a trophy. :fyou that dips***. Nobody liked him anyway, he was an asshole.

Don't you just hate when guys just hit it back? That reminds me of a funny story. Last year my school's varsity team (I was on the sophomore/JV team) would have placed in a tie for 3rd in state, but one of our doubles players smashed in racquet after his team lost their match. IHSA (Illinois High School Association) took away a point from our team, costing us 3rd and a trophy. :fyou that dips***. Nobody liked him anyway, he was an asshole.

LOL, I hav a lot of memories from playin Tennis, sum of the best times of my life. The thing is with Tennis though is that u hav to practise every week to keep ur skill level up, I use to hav a really good backhand a few years ago when I had lessons, could always seem to hit it low and hard ova the net, and now when I try, and I can't seem to transfer my weight quick enough, and to get my feet planted when I hit a backhand. It used to be my best shot, and now it's my worst. :lol:

My High School moments like that all occured on the Golf course. I was always writing letters of apology to the other school.

I am sorry my actions on October 2 blah blah blah reflected badly blah blah on my school and myself blah blah. And this was in the 70's so I couldn't even save the document and just keep reprinting.

Some of the infractions included an attempt to custom modify my putter during a round. I felt the shaft was too straight and that the gentle bending of the shaft around an oak tree would be just what it needed :D

My High School moments like that all occured on the Golf course. I was always writing letters of apology to the other school.

I am sorry my actions on October 2 blah blah blah reflected badly blah blah on my school and myself blah blah. And this was in the 70's so I couldn't even save the document and just keep reprinting.

Some of the infractions included an attempt to custom modify my putter during a round. I felt the shaft was too straight and that the gentle bending of the shaft around an oak tree would be just what it needed  :D

:lolhitting

Just as a question, did you ever feel your clubs and bag were too dirty, so you threw them in a water hazard?

I took badminton for one of my PE credits here at college--and there was an autistic boy in my class. So, whenever we would play mixed doubles people would start arguing about who had to be Robert's partner. I felt bad for him, and wasn't that concerned with winning (it was friggin' PE), so I would always ask him to be my partner. But, he had the awful problem of swinging (and you don't swing in Badminton) at everything even when on my side. I got hit in the face with a racket sooooooooo many times. The first time was kind of funny--but after that not so much, after I would get hit I would always try and tell him it's in the wrist not the shoulder (if only for my nose's sake...)...

:lolhitting

Just as a question, did you ever feel your clubs and bag were too dirty, so you threw them in a water hazard?

One of the funniest moments did involve a water hazard.

It was a HS dual meet and I was playing 2nd man varsity and of course we were playing their 1st and 2nd varsity players. Coming into the 8th hole we were 4 down and in trouble. Our 4th and 5th varsity players were not the best and basically that year we only won when David and I helped build a lead.

Anyway this guy from the other team nails a drive leaving himself 75 yeard over a water hazard to the green. The three of us were all over the hazard and safe.

Then, in order, this guy

1. Lays the turf over one and splashes. So he moves up about 40 yards to the water's edge.

2. Hits the other bank, and the balls rolls back into the water.

3. Pissed off takes a full swing and blades the ball, it skips across the water, zooms over the green, and out of bounds.

4. Walks 50 yards down the fairway muttering to himself the whole time.

5. Comes back and knocks a wedge onto the green.

The whole time I am not looking at anyone, knowing I will crack up and piss my pants.

I turn and see the guy throw his club at his bag. It skips off the bag and splashes into the pond. I look up at his teammate who is laughing so hard the guy falls to the ground. I bust a gut laughing, I thought I was going to die, I couldn't breath. Just as I got my breath, I look up to see the guy walk into the pond and try and find his wedge. He made 11 on the hole. Called us a bunch of assholes and walked off the course.

We played our third tennis match of the year tonite...losing 9-0...I never said we were good but we shoulda won some matches tonite. Anywho, I lost my singles match 10-2...I'm improving I know...I play fourth seed varsity...but the loss isn't what is stinging.

In my doubles match, I hit a groundstroke, charged the net, and then I realized the guy was gonna return it...and hard. Apparently, and I don't remember this, coach said I said ohhhh f***.....and I caught a tennis ball right in the hip...God that hurt.....if you've never had someone smoke a tennis ball at you as hard as they can, try it sometime, especially dangerously close to your crotch, and you'll know how I feel. That wouldn't have been bad enough except on the last point of the match, the exact same god damn thing happened and their #1 guy smoked it off my elbow.

Bad nite. :angry:

I got hit in the face one time...that is just cause I am a dips***, and I am sure it was not as hard...cause me and my friends just kinda suck very bad at tennis.

It was a HS dual meet and I was playing 2nd man varsity and of course we were playing their 1st and 2nd varsity players. Coming into the 8th hole we were 4 down and in trouble. Our 4th and 5th varsity players were not the best and basically that year we only won when David and I helped build a lead.

Anyway this guy from the other team nails a drive leaving himself 75 yeard over a water hazard to the green. The three of us were all over the hazard and safe.

Then, in order, this guy

1. Lays the turf over one and splashes. So he moves up about 40 yards to the water's edge.

3. Pissed off takes a full swing and blades the ball, it skips across the water, zooms over the green, and out of bounds.

The whole time I am not looking at anyone, knowing I will crack up and piss my pants.

I turn and see the guy throw his club at his bag. It skips off the bag and splashes into the pond. I look up at his teammate who is laughing so hard the guy falls to the ground. I bust a gut laughing, I thought I was going to die, I couldn't breath. Just as I got my breath, I look up to see the guy walk into the pond and try and find his wedge. He made 11 on the hole. Called us a bunch of assholes and walked off the course.

ROTFLMFAO :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

Then, in order, this guy

I thought 10 was the max score u could hav for a hole. Comes in handy for me on the par 5's. ;) :lol:

I thought 10 was the max score u could hav for a hole. Comes in handy for me on the par 5's.  ;)  :lol:

That is used in casual play to speed things up. In tournaments, it's keep hitting until you hole it out.