Uribe

Old Socks

I am very happy we have these three. Keep platooning them as Ozzie has been doing. Jose is a veteran and someone I want coming down the stretch. I do like Harris' speed and Uribe has certainly earned his ABs

Jose has made some errors on routine plays. Wasn't it in NY that he made two in a game? He has also showed some absolutely great defense. He is not washed up and is a solid and dangerous hitter. I am glad we have Jose Valentin at SS. Uribe has found his groove also and will be very valuable as the platoon infielder. It takes a full ball club to win and people knowing and filling their roles.

Jose has made some errors on routine plays

Most if not all of his errors come on routine plays. He gets arrogant and complacent with the mechanics, focus wanes...and BOOM the ball is in the stands.

The amazing thing is, with 4 errors already, his adjusted Zone Rating is 5th highest of all SS, which means he already made 2 more plays than an average SS. Also, 4th in DP efficiency, although after tonight, it should drop back to the middle of the pack.

Last April had 7 errors, in less games. After that s***ty start, basically played

GG-caliber defense. Hopefully he repeats that again this year. Certainly looked better in ST (errorless) than this I must say.

Uribe is playing like baby Berroa. That's why God made 2B.

Great points Brando

Lucky for Oz he has these choices. Looking down the road, I like the up the middle defense of Olivo, Harris, Uribe, and A-Row. Add an improving Crede and Lee and we are building a nice core for the next few seasons.

I have a brilliant idea.

LEAVE IT THE f*** ALONE. :rolleyes: 

As they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it.  Jose's fine, Willie's fine, Uribe's fine...THEY ARE ALL FINE.

Exactly. I loved seeing today's lineup though, with Willie and Uribe getting the starting nod. I know this can't be an everyday occurence, but it's a nice option to have.

I am not sold on Willie yet.

I'm not either.

But if he can hit .260 with a .330 OBP, he's done enough as far as I'm concerned, so long as when he is on first he does what he needs to(and not get picked off). If he can get in the pitcher's head, he wins, and we'll win more often.

Uribe has been great so far.  But this utility is position is working for him and the team.  The tinker king is gone.  Leave well enough, alone.

Jose was fielding and hitting well on the home stand, esp against the same lefties who used to overpower him in KC just a week ago. He was clearly gaining steam. Why the f*** did Ozzie take him out of the line-up against a righty and mess with his timing? I've seen enough of this s*** back in 2001 -- Manos would got 2-for-4 with a HR and would sit the next 2 days (with a day off) in favor of that rangeless, armless wonder Clayton who was batting .150 with no power at the time.

Uribe should be in the line-up, I agree....at 2B.

Barring an injury, Manos will be on this team for another couple of years until Valido is ready. After this year, if the team is competitive, they'll re-sign him for 2/4-type contract and all will be well. Why would he take only 1.5-2 Mill per season? For the same reason Frank Thomas took 5-6 Mill -- the market won't pay more.

Jose was fielding and hitting well on the home stand, esp against the same lefties who used to overpower him in KC just a week ago.  He was clearly gaining steam.  Why the f*** did Ozzie take him out of the line-up against a righty and mess with his timing?  I've seen enough of this s*** back in 2001 -- Manos would got 2-for-4 with a HR and would sit the next 2 days (with a day off) in favor of that rangeless, armless wonder Clayton who was batting .150 with no power at the time.

Uribe should be in the line-up, I agree....at 2B.

Barring an injury, Manos will be on this team for another couple of years until Valido is ready. After this year, if the team is competitive, they'll re-sign him for 2/4-type contract and all will be well.  Why would he take only 1.5-2 Mill per season?  For the same reason Frank Thomas took 5-6 Mill -- the market won't pay more.

Wasn't Uribe in the lineup in place of Crede?