Tornadoes already?

Heads22

The big one that hit my city.....it had three funnels....the big one was F5....I saw of video of it once and it was massive....

5-15-1968

4:57 PM

Oelwein 1SW to Randalia 2E

None

15 miles in length

500 yard width

5 deaths

156 injuries

F5

A significant tornado moved north-northeast from southwest of Oelwein to Maynard and east of Randalia. Homes were leveled and swept away in both Oelwein and Maynard. The warning sirens sounded for only 15 seconds before power failed in Oelwein. Nearly 1000 homes were damaged or destroyed along the path, and 34 people had to be hospitalized. Almost 1000 families were affected. Damage was $21 million.

For any other Tornado Watchers out there, the April edition of National Geographic's feature article is on Tornados.  As always there is some incredible photographs in there.  highly recommended read.

Thanks for the info - I'll have to be on the look out for it.

We had some crazy weather up here yesterday. It was 88 degrees in the Twin Cities and just 2 1/2 hours north in Duluth it was only in the 40's. We had Tornado warnings from 5pm till around 9pm and about 2-3 inches of rain in some parts. Luckly we only lost some roofing shingles.

For any other Tornado Watchers out there, the April edition of National Geographic's feature article is on Tornados.  As always there is some incredible photographs in there.  highly recommended read.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE IS IT?!?!?!?!?!?!!!

Oh, it's right there...

Anyone know if there are tornadoes in Michigan? I have never seen it this windy here.

There are tornadoes in lower parts of Michigan on occasion.

We had one that didn't touch down but took off the tops of every tree and home for about 5 miles, 2 or 3 years ago.

just find out that my sis her husband and 3 lil kids just had a close one. they live north of indy and were stuck on the road and i guess there's tornadoes going on up there. anyway my bro-in-law thought he was driving away from tornadoe instead he was driving toward it and one of those large concrete blocks smashed thru their windshield of their van... :o luckily everyone's ok and are home... :headbang

just find out that my sis her husband and 3 lil kids just had a close one. they live north of indy and were stuck on the road and i guess there's tornadoes going on up there. anyway my bro-in-law thought he was driving away from tornadoe instead he was driving toward it and one of those large concrete blocks smashed thru their windshield of their van... :o luckily everyone's ok and are home... :headbang

Glad to hear your family is okay.

Thoughts and prayers go out to people in the town of Utica. A building was totalled by a tornado last night, 3 confirmed dead, 4 injured and 5 missing at that site alone.

Glad to hear your family is okay.

Thoughts and prayers go out to people in the town of Utica.  A building was totalled by a tornado last night, 3 confirmed dead, 4 injured and 5 missing at that site alone.

thanks fan... :)

my thoughts and prayers also go out to the people who lost homes and loved ones due to the tornadoe(s)...