Hawk is right

BrandoFan

There is no reason why most of this Sox hitters can't drive the ball to opposite field when pitched middle-away..

All it takes is great mechanics -- that's where Greg Waslker comes in. If Aaron f***in' Miles can do it, then, god damnit, so can Carlos, Jose, Paulie, Frank and Aaron.

Hawk is awesome.

There is no reason why most of this Sox hitters can't drive the ball to opposite field when pitched middle-away..

All it takes is great mechanics -- that's where Greg Waslker comes in. If Aaron f***in' Miles can do it, then, god damnit, so can Carlos, Jose, Paulie, Frank and Aaron.

Hawk is awesome.

Yeah I just commented on that as well. Keeping that front shoulder up, and following through. It is that easy to keep power and hit the ball hard the otherway.

Yeah I just commented on that as well.  Keeping that front shoulder up, and following through.  It is that easy to keep power and hit the ball hard the otherway.

And then people wonder why Sox were shut out by crappy breaking-ball pitchers in the last 3+ years.

If you have the right mindset and mechanics, even hitters with ordinary tools can hit the ball hard to opposite field. Look at Todd fricken Walker.

It's harder than it sounds? That's why these guys make millions of dollars, have hitting instructors and best resources at their disposal.

I've had just about enough of timid pop ups to RF on 2-0 counts, tired of selfish uppercut pullers. In postseason, against Shilling and Pedro, that s*** won't fly.

Going opposite field is pretty easy for good hitters. The key is for them to recognize the pitch coming and to know what to do with it. Its just human nature that they can greedy because they have the ability to belt the hell out of the ball.

Overall I think Sox hitters have done a good job of it this year. Konerko when right does as good a job as anyone at it and Carlos and Maggs are usually pretty good at it. Frank is pretty much a pull hitter these days and Willie is a pull hitter, but when he's hitting the ball he goes more up the middle and even towards short and 3rd.

And Olivo is solid at it. If Olivo hits .270 this year with some pop and RBI's it would be awesoem and a huge improvement. I already think that harris can finish the season with a .340 plus OBP...yep you heard it here first. :)

Going opposite field is pretty easy for good hitte

Well, then the Sox have not been good in the last 3 years,

You have to WANT to sacrifize some power, you have to want shorten/level the swing.

Watching Jim Edmonds hit to opposite field is something else. He is not even THAT strong -- not stringer than Frank or Carlos....but damn.