CD Recommendation Thread

CubsSuck1

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh... and for the best sleeping music ever... check out a band called SIGUR ROS.... if you have acess to mp3s at high speed check out their new ep called, "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do"

bomb for falling asleep to... if you dont have high speed... get thier cd called, " ( ) ".... good album... id definatly download that one as well if i had high speed internet

peace

t

oh... and for the best sleeping music ever... check out a band called SIGUR ROS....

I'm afraid PA already named the best sleep inducing cd/singer: Nora Jones :sleep --the woman's a dang cure for insomnia. :sleep

id never heard of her before and im currently listening to her sunrise song

good stuff

but sigur ros is also good sleepy time music

cant be just one best in music

at least imo

I'm afraid I was being facetious--I absolutely can't stand Nora Jones (and, yes, I have heard both of her cd's, so it's an informed dislike), and she ranks right up there with Jazz Flute on music that I will immediately turn off. She has taken all the principles of jazz and made them predictable and boring.

Pete Murray - Feeler. Prob haven't heard of him down there, but he has the best selling album down here for about 10 weeks in a row now I think. I'd like to see PA do a review of him.

Also I recommend Get Born by Jet and A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay. ;)

Pete Murray - Feeler. Prob haven't heard of him down there, but he has the best selling album down here for about 10 weeks in a row now I think. I'd like to see PA do a review of him.

Also I recommend Get Born by Jet and A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay.  ;)

Assie band = The Beaytiful Girls

sadly the bad is three guys.

the moon and antarctica-modest mouse

I have heard its pretty good. I know their earlier stuff is reallly rough and Good News is their first real smooth album(so I hear). I'm gonna defintely check this one out.

oh... and for the best sleeping music ever... check out a band called SIGUR ROS.... if you have acess to mp3s at high speed check out their new ep called, "Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do"

bomb for falling asleep to... if you dont have high speed... get thier cd called, " ( ) ".... good album... id definatly download that one as well if i had high speed internet

peace

t

YES. I've burned (), and Agaetis Byrjun is on my computer, to be burned with many more albums. As for Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do, I am gonna download it soon. Read a review that Ba Ba and Ti Ki were good but not Di Do. Whats your opinion on that?

Linkin Park: Meteora, Hybrid Theory.... plain and simple.

I liked their first song--forget the name--a few years back. Also their last single, which has been on the radio now forever, and whose name I also forget is pretty decent. Other than that, I think they are just overproduced, and more teen angst rock. Not really a big fan.

Also I recommend Get Born by Jet and A Rush of Blood to the Head by Coldplay. 

I really don't like Jet at all but I've only heard their two singles. Their music doesn't sound clean to me. Oddly enough though, I think they sound a lot like the Strokes and the Strokes are great IMO.

I downloaded the Coldplay CD. It was OK I thought... just OK.

YES. I've burned (), and Agaetis Byrjun is on my computer, to be burned with many more albums. As for Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do, I am gonna download it soon. Read a review that Ba Ba and Ti Ki were good but not Di Do. Whats your opinion on that?

i like all the songs on the ep... they are split into 3 songs, but its really like one big song... in fact, id say that the last part is my fav.

I really don't like Jet at all but I've only heard their two singles. Their music doesn't sound clean to me. Oddly enough though, I think they sound a lot like the Strokes and the Strokes are great IMO.

I downloaded the Coldplay CD. It was OK I thought... just OK.

Lemme guess, Are U gonna be my girl and Cold Hard b****. Try to listen to Rollover DJ and Get What You Need if u get a chance. The Vines' new CD Winning Days has just come out but I wouldn't recommend that. There's only 1 ok song on it called Ride. I forgot to recommend Start Something by the Lost Prophets as well, I luv that CD, I know Danman is a big fan of theirs too. :headbang

Hoobastank - The Reason

Lostprophets - Start Something

Both these albums rock and both are performing at NIU tomorrow night. :headbang

:huh:  Did I say albums? :rolleyes:

Damn, I wish I could get to see em perform. Oh well ain't complainin, I saw Blink 182, Brand New and Incubus already down here this year. :o