CD Recommendation Thread

CubsSuck1

B0001KZM4I.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Waterboys - This Is The Sea

A rerelease, but such a brilliant piece of music that many people just have never listened to. Damn near perfection.

B000008M54.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues

Not a new one, but if I am going to recommend the re-release of This Is The Sea, then you have to also check out the perfect follow-up album.

B00005AKGS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Chamber Strings - Month Of Sundays

Local band that was just brilliant!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 15 years old and STILL going strong

They Might Be Giants - Flood

flood.jpg

Also, one of my fav soundtracks:

Heavy Metal - from 1980.

Sammy Hagar, Cheap Trick, Black Sabbath, Donald f**an of Steely Dan, Journey and more!

What else could you need?

The movie rocks too! :headbang

heavy_metal_front.jpg

Those are my two recommendations of the day.

"Why yes, my music IS ecclectic!"

Just picked up Nellie McKay's debut double cd. I love it. A very interesting range of songs and styles. Weird the first time you listen to it but better each time.

I also got India.Arie's Acoustic sould (belated b-day gift) and that is a good cd too. Totally chill and affirming.

Both are highly recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

B0000A5A21.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thrice - "The Artist In the Ambulance"

Just got done listening to this album at work for the first time in a while, I forgot how good it was. Last year it was #5 on my top 5 albums list for 2003. Which reminds me I should post a half way through 2004 Top 5 list a little later tonight (If the board is up)

im been stuck int he punk and new wave genre of the 70's and 80's

the ramones

romeo void

missing persons

the clash

the cure

the cult

gene loves jezebel

p.i.l.

the godfathers

sex pistols

all these groups have compliations out..thats pretty much what i have on them

Again, the new slipknot album is a godly CD. Pick it up and enjoy the songs, most notably "Duality"

That song is pretty catchy, but the other ones I've heard off that album are pretty terrible.

Speaking of God, I can not wait for the new Lamb of God album to hit the stores. Heard one song off of it earlier today. HO-LY s***! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

B0000A5A21.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Thrice - "The Artist In the Ambulance"

Just got done listening to this album at work for the first time in a while, I forgot how good it was. Last year it was #5 on my top 5 albums list for 2003. Which reminds me I should post a half way through 2004 Top 5 list a little later tonight (If the board is up)

Which songs from that CD would you recommend I should download?

Lucky me, I received the latest from Interpol titled Antics. Antics is a big step away from Turn On The Bright Lights, which I am so happy about. TOTBL seemed to monotone and repetitive; Antics on the other hand is a very, very good album. I'm looking foward to seeing these guys on August 12th (along with Mogwai of course).

I finally picked up My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, which is a huge album in the scheme of many bands. Phenomenal music.

I'm still looking foward to the new Sigur Ros album, which I keep hearing is due out in September sometime.

Which songs from that CD would you recommend I should download?

Good Thrice Songs:

Stare at the Sun

All That's Left

All Eyes

Phoenix Ignition

In Your Hands

A Turbo Torch

Personally I prefer All That's Left the best. It was on the Madden 2004 soundtrack, and I've been hooked on Thrice ever since. :snr

Blink 182 in my opinion defines the teenagers life. Sex, drugs, and politics are part of decisions we must make. Just a few I like:

The Rock Show

Down

I miss you

Feeling this

Adam's Song

Whats my Age again

M&M's

I also like Red Hot Chilly Peppers and New Found Glory as well as Green Day and Nickelback.

Blink 182 in my opinion defines the teenagers life. Sex, drugs, and politics are part of decisions we must make.

LOL, sorry Beastly I thought that was really funny. How's that teenager life workin out for ya? :snr

LOL, sorry Beastly I thought that was really funny. How's that teenager life workin out for ya?  :snr

Well, I didn't sleep well last night, and so I am pretty tired.

But I am good, its never f*** life wheres my knife...

Blink 182 in my opinion defines the teenagers life. Sex, drugs, and politics are part of decisions we must make. Just a few I like:

The Rock Show

Down

I miss you

Feeling this

Adam's Song

Whats my Age again

M&M's

I also like Red Hot Chilly Peppers and New Found Glory as well as Green Day and Nickelback.

except for the occasional song those groups suck... :ph34r: