• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

This thread shall not die...

feelinmini.jpg

Patton Oswalt - "Feelin' Kinda Patton"

Pretty god damn funny. I wasn't a huge fan of his stand-up having not really seen much of it to begin with, but I did like him in King of Queens. So I saw one of his appearences on Conan, and he was killing me with this one joke. So on that one joke I bought the CD, hoping it was on there, and it was, along with many many many other funny ones. It's strange I actually think I was laughing harder than the people at the club where he recorded it. A little heads up for the prospective buyers, it's pretty blue so be warned if you don't like that kind of stuff.

didn't mention creed in here but yes creed=good, rhcp=bad...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

While I don't dig a lot of the newer RHCP (too poppy), their old stuff was original, highly influential, and most importantly good.

Creed....oh sweet Jesus were they awful. I enjoy how their lame-o restart, Alter Bridge, keeps saying, "We don't sound like Creed, honestly!" when they are exactly the same.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

While I don't dig a lot of the newer RHCP (too poppy), their old stuff was original, highly influential, and most importantly good.

Creed....oh sweet Jesus were they awful. I enjoy how their lame-o restart, Alter Bridge, keeps saying, "We don't sound like Creed, honestly!" when they are exactly the same.

i was starting to write a reply but then i erased it and thought 'who gives a f***?' music is personal preference and i really don't give a f*** if you share my preferences in music and certainly hope you don't give a f*** if i share yours...

If you're into alternative/"nu-metal":

Breaking Benjamin: We Are Not Alone

Finger Eleven: The Greyest of Blue Skies

Finger Eleven: Finger Eleven

Daredevil: The Album

Crossfade: Crossfade

Seven Wiser: Seven Wiser

Lo-Pro: Lo-Pro

Pillar: Where Do We Go From Here

Thornley: Thornley

Thousand Foot Krutch: Phenomenon

i was starting to write a reply but then i erased it and thought 'who gives a f***?' music is personal preference and i really don't give a f*** if you share my preferences in music and certainly hope you don't give a f*** if i share yours...

You'll most likely never share mine listening to Creed, et al. To each his own but to say the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Green Day, two of the most influential bands of the 90s, two bands who paved the way for a wave of others, are crap...that's just asinine.

Eagle Eye Cherry-Save tonight.

Slayer-Raining Blood

Slipknot-Duality

Avenged Sevenfold-Chapter four.

Metallica-Unforgiven, Fade to Black, Enter Sandman, Four Horsemen

Anthrax-Madhouse

Blink 182-Feeling this, Adam's Song, Rock Show, Staying together for the kids.

Nickelback-How you remind me, Someday

Sugar Ray-Someday, When its over, Answer the Phone

Sum 41-Hell Song, In too deep, Fat Lip

Alien Ant Farm-These Days, Smooth Criminal, Movies

there's a shocker, something actually good in the metal genre on your playlist

Cali, I love that song man.

I noticed how they put that in on Madden and I liked the message and the way they edited it, really dumb if you ask me...

• 1 month later...

Green Day's new album, American Idiot, came out today and I've listened to it in its entirety once. Sometimes it takes awhile for a new CD to grow on me, but this one clicked right away. The 9-minute plus track Jesus of Suburbia is the highlight for me. I've always liked Green Day but for some reason this is the first CD of theirs I've bought, I'll definitely be picking up more in the future.

Also released today was the 25th anniversary of The Clash masterpiece London Calling with a second disc of demos and a dvd 3rd disc. If you don't own this album buy it now. A casual fan might be better off just buying the original London Calling without all the extra material. The second disc of demos is pretty rough, but Clash fans will find it interesting, and I haven't had a chance to watch the dvd yet. You also get a booklet of photos and stories with the 25th anniversary edition.

Green Day's new album, American Idiot, came out today and I've listened to it in its entirety once. Sometimes it takes awhile for a new CD to grow on me, but this one clicked right away. The 9-minute plus track Jesus of Suburbia is the highlight for me. I've always liked Green Day but for some reason this is the first CD of theirs I've bought, I'll definitely be picking up more in the future.

Also released today was the 25th anniversary of The Clash masterpiece London Calling with a second disc of demos and a dvd 3rd disc. If you don't own this album buy it now. A casual fan might be better off just buying the original London Calling without all the extra material. The second disc of demos is pretty rough, but Clash fans will find it interesting, and I haven't had a chance to watch the dvd yet. You also get a booklet of photos and stories with the 25th anniversary edition.

I listened to American Idiot on "The Leak" on mtv.com - I was bored by it.

Strings, slower tempos, etc etc - me no likey.

I prefer the short bursts of pop-punk on their earlier CDs.

I respect their desire to grow musically and try new things, I just won't be going along for the ride.

The Clash, however.......

:headbang :headbang :notworthy :notworthy :headbang :headbang

London Calling is timeless!

I'm an odd one, I MUCH prefer the first Clash album to "London Calling", and find much on it to be a little boring at time. The first album though (and oddly enough I speak of the US version, mainly due to "Jail Guitar Doors" being on it) is pure energy!

But the best thing I have bought this year, and in all reality, my entire life, is the new Faces boxset "Five Guys Walk Into A Bar...". It is the ultimate in RnR and nothing touches it! :wub: :headbang :snr :drink :drink :drink :drink

I would suggest Dream Theatre to anyone who is into prog rock/semi-metal. Images and Words is a great album. Songs I would suggest to get to start would be Pull Me Under, Metropolis Part 1 and Learning to Live. They have a lot of great albums and are very underrated in my opinion.

Other Stuff I would suggest would be Porcupine Tree, A Perfect Circle and Pink Floyd. I really love the song Trains by Porcupine Tree and I highly reccomend it as well. As far as APC is concerned, I would suggest getting Orestes and 3 Libras to start. If anyone likes this and wants more suggestions let me know.

I tend to prefer music that is more experimental, I actually think Sandinista is right up there with London Calling. But the first Clash album is great as well, I love (White Man) In Hammersmith Palais. If you like energy and you haven't heard the song 1977 yet I suggest you do. Intense!

I also watched the dvd and some of the stuff is from the documentary Westway to the World, but they throw some new things in with it. I enjoyed the home video footage of them recording, Guy Stevens is insane!