CD Recommendation Thread

CubsSuck1

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically, I am a HUGE Brian Baker fan, and I find that his worst stuff has been Bad Religion, as he is not doing what he was best at. With Junkyard, he got to really show how good he could be, and they were an incredible live band.

With The Meatmen, they made me laugh, and I always liked "Punk-O-Rama" and "Kisses In The Sunset". I just don't like BR, and to have a favorite guitarist in there, being sub-par (IMO, of course) kind of hurts.

the Dillinger Escape Plan - "Miss Machine"

INSANE.

That is the only word I can use to describe these guys, and I can use it any times.

Insane Music.

Insanly talented musicians.

Insane performers.

If you can open your eyes and get past the type of music they're playing no one with any knowledge of music can deny the talent they have.

A couple of different influences on this album, lots of Mike Patton and some Nine Inch Nails, heavily, especially on the track "Phone Home". Has some good "poppy-er" stuff if you want to call it that on the tracks "Unretrofied" and "Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants"

Go Here for some sample mp3's in the Discography section under the Miss Machine Album. Has the tracks "Panasonic Youth" and "Baby's First Coffin" both on the INSANEside. And if you're brave click on the Calculating Infinity link(3rd album down) and download "43% Burnt"

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keeping this thread alive again......SHOCKING.

This isn't much of a "CD" recommendation as it is a couple of mp3's

This is a local band called Nural. They are not usually what I listen to but they play so many shows with the local metal bands around here I've come to dig them. They have a sort of Incubus/Thrice like emo-y sound. I'm sure some people on this board like that kind of music. I certainly enjoy them and we all know how great my musically taste is. :D

Be sure to give them a listen and if you like they're playing a show in Chicago in November.

mp3's Here

Band Website Here

Lemme guess, Are U gonna be my girl and Cold Hard b****. Try to listen to Rollover DJ and Get What You Need if u get a chance. The Vines' new CD Winning Days has just come out but I wouldn't recommend that. There's only 1 ok song on it called Ride. I forgot to recommend Start Something by the Lost Prophets as well, I luv that CD, I know Danman is a big fan of theirs too.  :headbang

I like Jet also. They get a alot of flack for sounding like other bands. That may be true but they sound like good bands. Sometimes it's more important to be good than original. ;)

I like Jet also. They get a alot of flack for sounding like other bands. That may be true but they sound like good bands. Sometimes it's more important to be good than original. ;)

I just think they're a great rock and roll band in general, and a lot of their songs are very catchy, especially Get What You Need which I just love. :snr

I just think they're a great rock and roll band in general, and a lot of their songs are very catchy, especially Get What You Need which I just love.  :snr

Well, time will tell if they're great. So few bands have 'careers' nowadays, most are one hit wonders. But yeah, that is one CD that is solid from beginning to end.

I don't know how much people here are into this type of music but I'm throughly enjoying Mos Def's new album, The New Danger.  Great mix of tracks, including some good stuff with his band The Black Jack Johnson.

ain't heard the new one, but i love mos def on the black star album. supposedly talib kweli's new album is excellent as well.

A few picks by me-

Newer Albums:

The Killers-Hot Fuss

Modest Mouse-Good News for people who love bad news

Not so Newer:

At the Drive In: Vaya and Relationship of Command

Two Great CD's, dirty shame they broke up in 2001! But if you have never heard of them, ROCK ON. They Sound a little FUGAZI a little Rage but I just can't get enough. :snr

I got suckered into that 'Franz Ferdinand' purcahse. Probably THE most overhyped release of this year. Anyone enjoy it?

Not bad....Not good either, wish I didnt buy it, but I dont mind having it...

Think we'll ever here from them again after their one big album??????