All time Sox team

YASNY

Just sitting here bored stiff... and all of this is off the top of my head, so don't crucify me.

Pos Starter Back Up Honoarable Mention Forgetables

C Carlton Fisk Ray Schalk Sherm Lollar Mark Johnson

1B Frank Thomas Dick Allen Paul Konerko Gail Hopkins

2B Nellie Fox Ray Durham Don Buford

3B Robin Ventura Bill Melton Buck Weaver Ron Santo

SS Luke Appling Luis Aparicio Chico Carrasquel Bee Bee Richards

LF Minnie Minoso Floyd Robinson Buddy Bradford

CF Jim Rivera Jim Landis Chet Lemon Chris Singleton

RF Joe Jackson Magglio Ordonez Mike Hershberger

SP Ed Walsh Billy Pierce Gary Peters Ritchie or Navarro

RP Hoyt Wilhem Rich Gossage Eddie Fisher Alan Embree

Now, I know I had to forget some pretty good ballplayers, but I just threw this out there for the sake of discussion.

Edit: It didn't space it out like I typed it... If only 3 names, honorable mention was skipped. Sorry.

Just sitting here bored stiff... and all of this is off the top of my head, so don't crucify me.

Pos          Starter                                    Back Up                              Honoarable Mention        Forgetables

C              Carlton Fisk                            Ray Schalk                          Sherm Lollar                    Mark Johnson

1B            Frank Thomas                      Dick Allen                            Paul Konerko                  Gail Hopkins

2B            Nellie Fox                                Ray Durham                                                            Don Buford

3B            Robin Ventura                      Bill Melton                        Buck Weaver                  Ron Santo

SS            Luke Appling                        Luis Aparicio                    Chico Carrasquel            Bee Bee Richards

LF            Minnie Minoso                      Floyd Robinson                                                          Buddy Bradford

CF            Jim Rivera                            Jim Landis                            Chet Lemon                Chris Singleton

RF            Joe Jackson                            Magglio Ordonez                                                      Mike Hershberger

SP            Ed  Walsh                            Billy Pierce                        Gary Peters                  Ritchie or Navarro

RP        Hoyt Wilhem                            Rich Gossage                    Eddie Fisher                Alan Embree

Now, I know I had to forget some pretty good ballplayers, but I just threw this out there for the sake of discussion.

Edit:  It didn't space it out like I typed it... If only 3 names, honorable mention was skipped.  Sorry.

you forget eddie collins at 2b...plus CW will crucify you for not having bobby knoop on that list :o

1b..joe kuhel had a great career with the sox and senators

c..forgetable..ricky selhiemer...was gonna be the next johnny bench..came up at 19...left at 20 :(

good outfielders ...mostil . wright , falk , berry

starting pitchers..red faber , ted lyons

relievers..wood , the two guys from the 59 team , thiggy

dont know how those guys would fit in on your list but they are some quality players that spent a good amount of time with the sox...

I think some of the picks were made shall we say "tongue in cheek". On a more serious note I think Wille Kamm (3b) is the most underrated player in the teams history. He was the best fielding 3bman of his era and a decent hitter too. Unfortunately he played on some horrible Sox teams in the 1920's.

Pos          Starter                                    Back Up                              Honoarable Mention        Forgetables

C              Carlton Fisk                            Ray Schalk                          Sherm Lollar                    Mark Johnson

1B            Frank Thomas                      Dick Allen                            Paul Konerko                  Gail Hopkins

2B            Nellie Fox                                Ray Durham                                                            Don Buford

3B            Robin Ventura                      Bill Melton                        Buck Weaver                  Ron Santo

SS            Luke Appling                        Luis Aparicio                    Chico Carrasquel            Bee Bee Richards

LF            Minnie Minoso                      Floyd Robinson                                                          Buddy Bradford

CF            Jim Rivera                            Jim Landis                            Chet Lemon                Chris Singleton

RF            Joe Jackson                            Magglio Ordonez                                                      Mike Hershberger

SP            Ed  Walsh                            Billy Pierce                        Gary Peters                  Ritchie or Navarro

RP        Hoyt Wilhem                            Rich Gossage                    Eddie Fisher                Alan Embree

Edit:  It didn't space it out like I typed it... If only 3 names, honorable mention was skipped.  Sorry.

mark johnson? the one we just traded away?? :o

Come on....you're forgetting the one player in baseball history to not have a thumb and have his birthday on his jersey....Carlos May(the OTHER Carlos). He had a decent year or two with the Sox in the 70s I believe.

Talk about a bit of trivia....I bet you could stump a lot of people with that question.

Both are still in the big leagues.....one doing a bit better than the other.

Gil is a good backup in Anaheim, where Caruso can't even be a starter on the Royals....to put it lightly, Carlos Lee could be a starting SS on the Royals. I don't even want to imagine Carlos Lee at SS though.

The correct answer was Benji Gil, who is still in the bigs.  Caruso was a classic example of moving a player up to the show too fast.

Caruso was the cornerstone player of the infamous "White Flag Trade." Caruso was gonna play with the White Sox team early no matter what. JR and Schueler had to prove to White Sox fans that the "White Flag Trade" was the best thing for the White Sox to do. Caruso had a good rookie year..... every year after that has been extremely forgetable.

I remember the first time I saw Caruso. I didn't have a clue who he was, but he stuck out as the most talented player I saw at Spring Training that year. The guy had amazing speed, hustled and was a really good hitter.

Then he came up and started with the big club and I was a big fan of his. Of course he ended up being rushed, but he also didn't get along with Manuel, supposedly because he didn't work hard.

I thought of Caruso for that "forgettable" catagory, but that was too obvious. Another name for SS I considered was Harry Chappas. Was actually a Sports Illustrated cover boy and was going to be R-O-Y. Seems to me this was in the most recent Veeck era. Anyway, I skipped him because I didn't think anyone would have any idea who I was talking about.

I thought of Caruso for that "forgettable" catagory, but that was too obvious.  Another name for SS I considered was Harry Chappas. Was actually a Sports Illustrated cover boy and was going to be R-O-Y. Seems to me this was in the most recent Veeck era.  Anyway, I skipped him because I didn't think anyone would have any idea who I was talking about.

harry chappas...made freddie patek look like yao ming :lol:

I thought of Caruso for that "forgettable" catagory, but that was too obvious.  Another name for SS I considered was Harry Chappas.   Was actually a Sports Illustrated cover boy and was going to be R-O-Y.   Seems to me this was in the most recent Veeck era.  Anyway, I skipped him because I didn't think anyone would have any idea who I was talking about.

harry chappas...made freddie patek look like yao ming :lol:

Yep. That's the guy. :D