Kordell Stewart ti be released by Steelers

AssHatSoxFan

Here's the article about Kordell' likely release from the Steelers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0211/1507144.html

If we decided to not draft a Qb and take Kordell things might work out but this is just another option for the Bears to consider since we haven't had much luck drafting QBs

sad thing is he is better than miller or chandler...really i dont think stewart would work here because the bears never think outside the box and always try and force QB's into a set sytem....with a guy like stewart you have to totally redo your offense...he has to be on the perimeter..alot of roll out passes with run /pass option..qb draws and sweeps...alot of single wing type stuff...the bears would take stewart and force him into a drop back pocket passing offense..and he'd suck

we would turn mike vick into a bust

for reasons that I will never get over, I hate Kordell Stewart.

That is totally irrelevant whether the Bears should get him - what do I care anyway, I am a Dolphins fan and a semi Lions fan since I like Harrington, actually I am a Harrington fan not a Lions fan at all -

the game for which I hate Kordell Stewart was on ESPN classisc over the weekend but I did not watch it, I was there when it happened and it was one of the worst moments in my life.

WOW A LITTLE BITTERNESS OVER THAT HAIL MARY.... AT LEAST YOU AREN'T A KENTUCKY FAN THIS YEAR CUZ THAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BEEN THE WORST FEELING EVER ESPECIALLY IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE GOOFS RUNNING ON THE FIELD CELEBRATING JUST AS YOUR TEAM HAD LOST

that was a very strange game all the way - they dominated, we dominated, we got conservative and they got lucky, momentum was shifting all over, and that was the most painful loss that I have ever been at. Will carry that one always. No one was on the field by the way other than the players - what the Kentucky fans did was dumb. The game is never over until the last second is ticked off and I have sen too amny games wona nd lost as time expired to ever celebrate early. But that game hurt, it really hurt. When I see Ty Law on NFL football, i still scream at him, knock the ball DOWN.

WOW A LITTLE BITTERNESS OVER THAT HAIL MARY.... AT LEAST YOU AREN'T A KENTUCKY FAN THIS YEAR CUZ THAT WOULD HAVE TO HAVE BEEN THE WORST FEELING EVER ESPECIALLY IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE GOOFS RUNNING ON THE FIELD CELEBRATING JUST AS YOUR TEAM HAD LOST

do you remember the cal-stanford game in the early 80's(?) when cal ran back a kick off on the last play for the winning touchdown while the stanford band was on the field celebratiing..and the cal player ran over the tuba player???...god that was hilarious...the craziest play in NCAA history!!!

Here's the article about Kordell' likely release from the Steelers

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0211/1507144.html

If we decided to not draft a Qb and take Kordell things might work out but this is just another option for the Bears to consider since we haven't had much luck drafting QBs

sad thing is he is better than miller or chandler...really i dont think stewart would work here because the bears never think outside the box and always try and force QB's into a set sytem....with a guy like stewart you have to totally redo your offense...he has to be on the perimeter..alot of roll out passes with run /pass option..qb draws and sweeps...alot of single wing type stuff...the bears would take stewart and force him into a drop back pocket passing offense..and he'd suck

we would turn mike vick into a bust

Remember, Shoop used the rollout on the two lowasses, Miller and Chandler.

I like the idea of getting Stewart and have been for it for a while. Then you don't even worry about a qb in the draft. You grab Suggs or Newman in the 1st. Then maybe take Mcgahee in the 2nd, I used to say 3rd, but I think he's moved up since they say he will be ready for the first game of the season. Not saying I think he will be ready, cause you'd be nuts to put him out there full time that soon.

If not Mcgahee, then I'd either deal up for Doss or hope he stays there. I know some people think he could be one of those guys that slides and having him at the safety position would be a huge upgrade. Of course, I also like Bobby Gray whose coming back from injury.

Then in the 3rd, I'd go wide reciever or corner, but best available athlete wouldn't be bad either. Oh ya, if Simms is here, I'd take him.

Latest rumors have the Bears talking to the Browns for Couch or at least considering it. It is expected to cost the Bears a mid round draft choice, nothing in the 1st round, unlikely in the 2nd.

The Seahawks pay too much to Hasselbeck to pay Stewart, but I'm not Mike Holmgren? I am a Steelers fan so I don't really give a s*** where he goes. He is not very good but that's for all to find out I guess. That Buffs game was sweet though(sorry cwsox), I still love the Buffs and Ironically Stewarts best reciever was always Charles Johnson. That's the past though go Buffs and go Tommy Gun!

That Buffs game was sweet though(sorry cwsox)

:headbang

Since you trash talk Michigan, my Michigan, I will simply ask: in light of the Detroit Red Wings winning 3 of the last 6 Stanley Cups, when do you think we ever see a Canadian team even reach the finals again? :D

I didn't trash talk Michigan? :huh: When do you think the next miracle on ice will be? When Canada loses it's a tragic fluke, when the U.S. wins it's a miracle...hmmmmmm. :P In efforts to not start an international conflict here, I can remind you that M U has has far more recent sucess than has Colorado do I can do no more than harp on glories past. How about that Rashaan Salaam?