Yo did anyone watch

Be Good

I should of left this thread die (obviously its being ignored with only 5 views) but I hate that british dumbass. Save yourself the agony of viewing the DVD and throw that s*** out! British Comedy (Benny Hill, Bean) is lame and only makes you appreciate our level of sophistication here in the states. Remember back a couple years actually spending money to see "Bean: The Movie" I puked while exiting the theather.

mr-bean-mr-bean-4001130.jpg

"If I wasn't so damn British (ugly) I might have a career!"

But if you want to see it go ahead. Take this from a man with exquisite taste in comedy.

I should of left this thread die (obviously its being ignored with only 5 views) but I hate that british dumbass. Save yourself the agony of viewing the DVD and throw that s*** out!  British Comedy (Benny Hill, Bean) is lame and only makes you appreciate our level of sophistication here in the states.  Remember back a couple years actually spending money to see "Bean: The Movie" I puked while exiting the theather.

mr-bean-mr-bean-4001130.jpg

"If I wasn't so damn British (ugly) I might have a career!"

But if you want to see it go ahead.  Take this from a man with exquisite taste in comedy.

Yes maybe you should HAVE left the thread to die a peaceful death.

I agree you shouldn't run out and buy the DVD's for the animated series - which i've never watched (didn't have too) -- Or waste your money on the ridiculously bad "Bean" -- But the fact that you paid anything to see a 90 minute film based around a silent character from a sketch comedy shows your ignorance...

The Mr. Bean series that originally aired on BBC (public television in the US) was classic. I'm assuming you never saw it, since you didn't bother to mention it. Well worth checking out -- Mr. Bean: The Series

Not all comedy's can be as "sophisticated" as those great american blockbusters.

ace-ventura-2-05.jpg

:rolleyes:

Yes, Carrey doesn't show much sophistication in his roles.

Difference between us and Britain is we don't claim the jewel of American comedic films to be Ace Ventura. Bean and Benny Hil is what put british comedy on the map, if you can believe that. Whether it be his television series or movies, he is the pride and joy of that country.

If you enjoy Bean, well, then god bless you. I know how some people become very defensive of their Bean. Over here at school I get a similiar rise out of people who think Monty Python is comedic gold. To each his own preference, I just don't prefer British comedy.

Or waste your money on the ridiculously bad "Bean" -- But the fact that you paid anything to see a 90 minute film based around a silent character from a sketch comedy shows your ignorance...

Cheat, I was 12 years old when the movie orginally opened in theaters. Sorry I lacked the insight to distinguish mainstream US Bean from that of the BBC Series. My friends (who watched the show) asked me to come along and I said "ok". Since then I have viewed several episodes from the TV series and wasn't too thrilled. That's how I came upon my conclusion that Bean sucked.