Commercial errors that irritate

Queen Prawn

During a radio commercial for Humana Insurance, they say that their insurance rates went down -9%. Unless my math courses from grammar school have become outdated, aren't they actually telling people that their insurance rates went UP 9%?

What other things have you heard during commercials that made you wonder if they were thinking when they recorded it?

I heard the one from SBCs union that really pissed me off. They were complaining about SBC wanting them to pay more of their insurance, and we should call SBC to tell them to pick up the cost of their employees insurance. Call me stupid, but do you really think the company would pick up that cost? Hell no! It will get passed on to US! The same people who are supposed to be calling for their benefit. Meanwhile MY insurance has gone up 250% in the last 3 years! EVERYBODY's insurance costs have gone up a ton. Why should they expect me to pick up their insurance costs?

:fyou SBC and your union

My dad's union only recently got companies to provide some sort of insurance for their employees about 2 or 3 years ago.

My insurance has definitely gone up in the last few years as has Brian's (and he is union as well). So I know what you mean about that!