Would you trade A-ROD

soxfan420

Who would take him with that kind of contract? Even Steinwhiner wouldn't, since he has Jeter for $17 million, or whatever. Plus the Texas owner, Hicks, would have to admit that he made a mistake, and multijillionairres don't like to do that. Plus he probably has a no trade clause, which means agent Boros would get involved, and he would just fleece everyone all over again.

Who would take him with that kind of contract?  Even Steinwhiner wouldn't, since he has Jeter for $17 million, or whatever.  Plus the Texas owner, Hicks, would have to admit that he made a mistake, and multijillionairres don't like to do that.  Plus he probably has a no trade clause, which means agent Boros would get involved, and he would just fleece everyone all over again.

YUP,for better or worse, tejas is stuck paying payrod

Hell yeah I would.

He is NOT worth the cash. Is he a good player? Yeah, there's little debate about that, but, he is not worth what he's getting paid. I say trade him to a team with a dumb GM and willing to spend money (which rules out the Sox, well.. the money part at least) and get a good starter, and load up your minor league.

- Pete

I'd trade him, but I don't think anyone would take on that contract. They were nuts. If it were say 17 million, I'd hope the Sox would pick him up, but that ain't going to happen.

I think Texas would have to eat about 10 mill of his contract each year. Then they could get some pretty damn good prospects and concern themselves with pitching. Plus, they will have a good offense with or without him.

I think the deal was for ten years, total of $250 Large.  Boros got $10 Large up front.

Don't you love it when these owners bid against themselves?  Kind of like what KW did on the Ritchie trade, but on a MUCH smaller scale.

He didn't bid against anyone else. I think the next closets offer was 18 or 19 million from the Braves and it was for like 5 or 6 years. Then the idiot in Texas says, hey, we'll give you 10 years 250 million. I know it was over 100 million more then any other offer. What the hell was the guy thinking. Lets not outbid everyone by a mill or two, but by 100 million.

Great thinking...now your stuck with the best shortstop ever and no ring to show for it.

I know JR made an offer for Arod, but I think his was like 16 mill a year.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I think the deal was for ten years, total of $250 Large.  Boros got $10 Large up front.

Don't you love it when these owners bid against themselves?  Kind of like what KW did on the Ritchie trade, but on a MUCH smaller scale.

zing......... geez us just hit that nail hard on the head with that one why dont ya..........lol. lol lol lol.........

but to answer the question about payrod.. in a texas minute ... he would be dumped salary and all faster than he could pack his baggs........... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
If they had a team around him, he would be worth it. A-Rod is probably the best all around player in the game.

yeah but paying him they cant afford a team around him...lol he cant do it all.......although he should for that kind of salary...........

If they had a team around him, he would be worth it. A-Rod is probably the best all around player in the game.

yeah but paying him they cant afford a team around him...lol he cant do it all.......although he should for that kind of salary...........

Took the words right out of my mouth HSC ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

Took the words right out of my mouth HSC ;)

ya know we better stop thinking so much alike.. people are going to start to talk s***.......... :D