Pete_SSAC

39 members have voted

1. 1. How far?

• WS Baby!!!!!
    • AL Champs, but no cigar
    • ALCS, but no further
    • Divison Champs, no further
    • Wildcard, no further
    • We'll have fun rooting against the Twins in October.

BTW, I would like to take this message space to say. Hi

Hi

:headbang

- Pete

i am going to say is that the sox goes to the world series.

if the sox sign rogers, then you have to realize that faith is on our side. why you ask? b/c i would never have had imagine any of boras clients signing with the sox and again if rogers signs, then you know there must be a baseball god and he must be on the sox side this season. :lol: :headbang

If you remember the old Whitesox.com boards (the ones run by Ignite rather than these cookie-cutter sites they've had the past two seasons), there was a poster with the user name of Num1SoxGirl (her name was Kelly, if I remember right). She had this slogan at the bottom of her posts reading "WSWS." That slogan means "World Series White Sox," and I couldn't agree with her more than now! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

i think we have the makings for division champs.. anything further than that i would have to say is a far reach.. kinda like getting baggs to stop talking politics for a day..lol.. or getting rps to not say s*** or f*** for a day..lol... or like getting 420 to share his stash for a day lol......or like getting ldf to stop being a suck up for a day...lol....or like getting me to stop being a b**** for a day......lol... or like having roman actually stick to one guy on the team and like him for a day...lol......and best of all its like asking heather not to be a virgin for a day.........lmao...........as if thats ever going to happen........division champs no further...... thats my motto for this year......... :headbang

At this time, there are so many things that are unknown that it's really impossible to have a sure idea as to what this team will do. It's unclear who the 3-5 starters will be (if Rogers takes the Sox' offer, that will really complicate things), and we've got some youngsters who will be playing a full year in the majors for the first time (Aaron, Miguel, Joe C). Also a question mark is the health of Bartolo -- will he come to camp in shape, or will he look like David Wells?

There's no doubt in my mind that this team is going to put some crooked numbers up on the scoreboard. With Jose, Frank, Mags, Paul, and Carlos in the 2-6 spots, we've got 5 guys with 25+ HR power (all 5 did it last year), and 4 of the 5 capable of hitting .300 w/ 100 RBI. If Joe, Miguel, Aaron, and D'Angelo can just put up decent numbers, that will be gravy.

If our young pitchers can continue to improve, I see the Sox at least advancing to the ALCS -- and if a few people step up, perhaps even further.

At this time, there are so many things that are unknown that it's really impossible to have a sure idea as to what this team will do.  It's unclear who the 3-5 starters will be (if Rogers takes the Sox' offer, that will really complicate things), and we've got some youngsters who will be playing a full year in the majors for the first time (Aaron, Miguel, Joe C).  Also a question mark is the health of Bartolo -- will he come to camp in shape, or will he look like David Wells?

There's no doubt in my mind that this team is going to put some crooked numbers up on the scoreboard.  With Jose, Frank, Mags, Paul, and Carlos in the 2-6 spots, we've got 5 guys with 25+ HR power (all 5 did it last year), and 4 of the 5 capable of hitting .300 w/ 100 RBI.  If Joe, Miguel, Aaron, and D'Angelo can just put up decent numbers, that will be gravy. 

If our young pitchers can continue to improve, I see the Sox at least advancing to the ALCS -- and if a few people step up, perhaps even further.

i would like to say welcome and you have a great post. i am glad another inform fan is posting. :headbang

At this time, there are so many things that are unknown that it's really impossible to have a sure idea as to what this team will do.  It's unclear who the 3-5 starters will be (if Rogers takes the Sox' offer, that will really complicate things), and we've got some youngsters who will be playing a full year in the majors for the first time (Aaron, Miguel, Joe C).  Also a question mark is the health of Bartolo -- will he come to camp in shape, or will he look like David Wells?

There's no doubt in my mind that this team is going to put some crooked numbers up on the scoreboard.  With Jose, Frank, Mags, Paul, and Carlos in the 2-6 spots, we've got 5 guys with 25+ HR power (all 5 did it last year), and 4 of the 5 capable of hitting .300 w/ 100 RBI.  If Joe, Miguel, Aaron, and D'Angelo can just put up decent numbers, that will be gravy. 

Our 1-5 is pretty much set....Colon, Buehrle, Garland, Wright and Rauch....that's who it should be anyways.

Bartolo will be in shape and pitching well. It hadn't dawned on me, but baggs pointed it out in another post somewhere....the reason Colon's K numbers were down last year was because of the fact that he got smarter as a pitcher....he obviously put up a better ERA, but on 2 strike counts, instead of trying to pour a 98 MPH fastball in there he would instead change speeds, use breaking pitches, and bust guys inside or hit the outside corner....maybe throw one in the dirt...something like that. It's a lot easier to take a 98 MPH fastball out than it is an 87 MPH changeup on the inside corner....but then again, it is easier to miss a 98 MPH fastball than it is an 87 MPH changeup on the inside corner....see the correlation? I didn't until it was pointed out....so the decrease in K's is not something to worry about.

However, aside from our offense, the thing we have that is the best is depth.....we are very deep all around....we have a number of lefties off the bench, we have guys that can play a lot of positions, we have 2-4 guys that can start, and even more than that that can be used out of the bullpen....to put it lightly....we could get rid of every starting player and pitcher on the team...and still be a second or third place team in our division. Then again, that isn't saying much....other than the fact that our bench, the best players on our AAA team and the best players on our AA team are better than what the Royals, Tigers and Indians will put on the field this year(and the only team that I'd even consider better than us in those 3 is the Indians, and that is raw-talent wise, not proven-talent wise).

I have no concerns with this team as we speak....we have every hole filled with someone suitable.

Guest hotsoxchick1
At this time, there are so many things that are unknown that it's really impossible to have a sure idea as to what this team will do.  It's unclear who the 3-5 starters will be (if Rogers takes the Sox' offer, that will really complicate things), and we've got some youngsters who will be playing a full year in the majors for the first time (Aaron, Miguel, Joe C).  Also a question mark is the health of Bartolo -- will he come to camp in shape, or will he look like David Wells?

There's no doubt in my mind that this team is going to put some crooked numbers up on the scoreboard.  With Jose, Frank, Mags, Paul, and Carlos in the 2-6 spots, we've got 5 guys with 25+ HR power (all 5 did it last year), and 4 of the 5 capable of hitting .300 w/ 100 RBI.  If Joe, Miguel, Aaron, and D'Angelo can just put up decent numbers, that will be gravy.  

i would like to say welcome and you have a great post. i am glad another inform fan is posting. :headbang

so what are you saying ldf.. the rest of us are not informed?????? :D

At this time, there are so many things that are unknown that it's really impossible to have a sure idea as to what this team will do.  It's unclear who the 3-5 starters will be (if Rogers takes the Sox' offer, that will really complicate things), and we've got some youngsters who will be playing a full year in the majors for the first time (Aaron, Miguel, Joe C).  Also a question mark is the health of Bartolo -- will he come to camp in shape, or will he look like David Wells?

There's no doubt in my mind that this team is going to put some crooked numbers up on the scoreboard.  With Jose, Frank, Mags, Paul, and Carlos in the 2-6 spots, we've got 5 guys with 25+ HR power (all 5 did it last year), and 4 of the 5 capable of hitting .300 w/ 100 RBI.  If Joe, Miguel, Aaron, and D'Angelo can just put up decent numbers, that will be gravy.  

everyone except you! :P

i think we have the makings for division champs.. anything further than that i would have to say is a far reach.. kinda like getting baggs to stop talking politics for a day..lol.. or getting rps to not say s*** or f*** for a day..lol... or like getting 420 to share his stash for a day lol......or like getting ldf to stop being a suck up for a day...lol....or like getting me to stop being a b**** for a day......lol...  or like having roman actually stick to one guy on the team and like him for a day...lol......and best of all its like asking heather not to be a virgin for a day.........lmao...........as if thats ever going to happen........division champs no further...... thats my motto for this year......... :headbang

Wow, when hsc is optimistic enough to say well be division champs you know things are looking up! :D :D :D

i think we have the makings for division champs.. anything further than that i would have to say is a far reach.. kinda like getting baggs to stop talking politics for a day..lol.. or getting rps to not say s*** or f*** for a day..lol... or like getting 420 to share his stash for a day lol......or like getting ldf to stop being a suck up for a day...lol....or like getting me to stop being a b**** for a day......lol...  or like having roman actually stick to one guy on the team and like him for a day...lol......and best of all its like asking heather not to be a virgin for a day.........lmao...........as if thats ever going to happen........division champs no further...... thats my motto for this year......... :headbang

And hey, Ive always stuck to Frank and Maggs. Ray Ray too. For everyone else, my mood changes like night and day... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol ldf your too much......all of these guys are informed in some way or another.....gotta give em kudos too ya know............roman as for you fella... you know its not a complete day in my life if i dont give ya at least one dis.....just my way of saying i love ya....... :D

lol ldf your too much......all of these guys are informed in some way or another.....gotta give em kudos too ya know............roman as for you fella... you know its not a complete day in my life if i dont give ya at least one dis.....just my way of saying i love ya....... :D

Oh thanks... Gettin dissed makes me feel real loved... :D

HSC....I think so. Maybe we should teach LDF a lesson? :ph34r: :P