Vermin - whatcha got?

FlaSoxxJim

OK, I don't want to hear anyone griping about roaches, mice, rats, or other wimpy vermin. Here's a couple pictures of some of my co-workers dealing with our pest problem...

This is actually a scrawny little guy, compared to some of the other monsters that make their home on our research campus ("Stumpy" is a12 footer that keeps the feral cats in check – I'll have to go get a shot of him). Still, I can understand the mail delivery people being a little nervous when they found him sleeping under their cart the other day.

gator1.jpg

gator2.jpg

:o

Being an avid outdoorsman, things that can really, really hurt you were a big adjustment when I moved to Texas.

Rattlesnakes, scorpions, fire ants, etc.

BTW, that guy looks like he'd make a nice snack.

My sister told me there was one walking across the parking lot of her work over by the UCF campus on Saturday.. just minding his own business. People were driving around him not even paying attention...

You people are crazy down there. :lol:

My sister told me there was one walking across the parking lot of her work over by the UCF campus on Saturday.. just minding his own business. People were driving around him not even paying attention...

You people are crazy down there.  :lol:

I very much enjoy being able to drive into work in the morning and see alligators and big slider turtles basking in the sun on one side of the road, and maybe dolphin or manatees on the other side in our ship channel.

The gators are just part of the scenery down here. But we got other stuff that can put the hurts on you too. Last year I woke up to find a coral snake on my back porch, and last week down in the keys I found a beautiful black scorpion in the living room of the lab dorm I was staying at.