Now this is a Cub Fan

I found this posted on the Official Cubs board. What loosers

Sorry, this is way late. I got to the office yesterday to find I had been banned over the weekend when I hadn't even been posting.

I did read through the board yesterday, but I couldn't post so I had to sit on my thoughts.

I saw a lot of posts bashing the behavior in the bleachers so here's my take.

Someone really got fired up about the beer drenching Griffey almost took. The beer didn't even hit him, but that's beside the point. As long as I've been a Cub fan (20 years) I've been watching beer get dumped through the basket onto outfielders. From the tender age of 6, I watched this happen, so let's not act like this is something new. In my opinion, this is part of Wrigley tradition and I see nothing wrong with it. IF I were in the bleachers with my 8 year old and I had the opportunity, I'd dump a beer on an opposing outfielder without hesitation. I know I'll probably get lit up for this, but at least I'm honest. And before anyone calls me a hillbilly, redneck, less of a Cub fan etc, please know this. I'm college educated and work in education! I'm not a criminal, but I see nothing wrong with a beer dumping.

Also, in regards to the fans littering the field. I also see this as part of Wrigley tradition. Now, I don't think this should be done on every close call, or when an opposing player makes a good play to beat us. However, when the umpiring is as shotty as it was this weekend, I say toss away. As for those who say it hurts momentum? What momentum did we have at those points in the game? None. It did, however, get the team fired up and we came from behind and won!

The most glorious moment I have experienced at Wrigley was in the 1998 play-in game vs. The Giants. Gaetti hits a two run jack and the field gets littered. I'll never forget that moment and I love the tradition of littering the field at the "right moments" Bravo bleacher bums!

Finally, did anyone see the replay of the game 2 win over SD in 1984. They showed the end of the game when Trout was conducting the 7th inning stretch. It was game 2 and the cups were flying, people were getting drenched "in" the bleachers, and people were scaling the outfield chain link. That's the way we go off in the bleachers for 20 years strong and I support it 100%

If you took the time to read this, thank you. Anybody with me? Let the bashing begin!

LOL!!! I saw that too. Here's another great post from a classy (no sarcasm) Cub fan.

....I went to the game today with my 15 year old son. A number of distrubing things happened while we were there. Allow me to explain.

I am one that normally defends Cub fans from the image that White Sox fans portray us as in their posts. But after attending todays game I have to admit that alot of what they say is true. Here is my case:

We sat in halfway decent seats down the third base line. A group of young college age men sat behind and to the side of us. One of the young men drank beer all day and yelled "Let's Go Cubbies" all game without knowing who was batting. As Walker came to bat in the first, two or three of them were yelling "Lets go Grudz, lead us off". As Clement was pitching in the second inning, one of the guys to our side who had already had a few asked me who was pitching. The middle aged guys in front of us were talking business all game without knowledge of what was going on. I was completely shocked in the third when one of the Reds hit a foul ball way out of reach down the right field line and a girl yelled "Catch that ball Sammy, oh it's way out of bounds".

These are just a few of the incidents that had me shaking my head most of the afternoon. After a while, it almost became comical. My son and I would laugh at some of the comments.

I've been going to games since the late sixty's. I usually attend 5 to 10 games a year. I've never really paid attention to the surrounds before today. What I did notice was:

1. There was a great gate today for a Monday afternoon game, this didn't shock me because I was online the first day tickets went on sale most of the day and evening.

2. Most of the crowd was college to just out of college age.

3. A good portion of the crowd was drinking heavily. in the first three innings, my son and I were up to let people throught the aisle for beer a minimum of 12 times. We were sitting in the middle of the aisle.

4. A good portion of the people around us were lacking in baseball knowledge. Which to me was the most disturbing point.

After the problems from over the weekend with bleacher bums throwing junk on the field, I guess I was watching a little closer to the things happening around me. To say the least, I was quite disappointed. I have tickets for another 6 games this year. I hope things improve.

3. A good portion of the crowd was drinking heavily. in the first three innings, my son and I were up to let people throught the aisle for beer a minimum of 12 times. We were sitting in the middle of the aisle.
:lolhitting

This must be a nightmare for the knowledgable Cub fans. I remember when the Bulls went through this b.s. It was a nightmare. My seats were in the last row and al of a sudden we had drunk s.o.b.s buying standing rom and spilling beer.

Ya know, I really feel bad for the REAL Cub fans. I have friends that feel like the second poster. Sometimes, filling the park can be a bad thing. At least I know I can always get tickets to go see the Sox.

:lolhitting

This must be a nightmare for the knowledgable Cub fans. I remember when the Bulls went through this b.s. It was a nightmare. My seats were in the last row and al of a sudden we had drunk s.o.b.s buying standing rom and spilling beer.

Not only them but Blackhawk fans, when they had fans that actually went to the games, were really bad about lacking hockey knowelege and drunkenness.

I have a few friends who are true Cubs fans and we talk baseball, but the rest just say how the Sox suck and Ozzie sucks cock and the Cell sux and Wrigley is awesome blah blah blah. But none of the bandwagon fans know anything about baseball. One kid for example told me the story of the Cubs game this weekend when Dusty got ejected. "The Cubs general manager ran onto the field and started screaming at the ref. Then he kicked dirt and threw his cap, and then the ref banned him from the game." :lolhitting

eleni,

how about those yankees?

oh i forgot...whose in first place of the NL Central and has outscored

their opponents 29-3 in the last 3 games?

oh snap!

Andrew

An e-mail from my Cubbie loving friend today. How irritating.

eleni,

how about those yankees?

oh i forgot...whose in first place of the NL Central and has outscored

their opponents 29-3 in the last 3 games?

oh snap!

Andrew

An e-mail from my Cubbie loving friend today. How irritating.

Ross Gload loves the Cubbies? That traitor bastard...trade his ass now! :D

There is this one guy who talks to me on AIM every day the about how good the cubs are going to be, like today he was talking about how dominant mitre was and that the cubs are playing awesome, i reminded him who they have played so far and he says the pirates are "underrated" and are going to compete with the cubs and stros for the NL central...i dont know how to respond to those type of comments and just X out the box :headshake

There is this one guy who talks to me on AIM every day the about how good the cubs are going to be, like today he was talking about how dominant mitre was and that the cubs are playing awesome, i reminded him who they have played so far and he says the pirates are "underrated" and are going to compete with the cubs and stros for the NL central...i dont know how to respond to those type of comments and just X out the box  :headshake

Yeah, maybe you should stop talking to this guy. ;)