Mr. Adkins...

Bighurt52235

NY Mets.

There were rumors of a Billy Koch for Aaron Heilman trade in the off - season. I think Brandon Looper has been strugglin for them as well. If we hav to throw in a lower tier prospect or sum cash, we should do this deal.

I feel like I'm repeating myself ---

Adkins had thrown 26 pitches prior to tonight.

He threw 39 tonight, and was clearly gassed.

Well, then have Adkins start for the 1st 3 innings or so and then Wright can take over on long relief. That way, Wright can overcome his phobia or whatever it is of the first 2 innings and become a solid member of the staff.

Send Cotts down to Triple-A until he gets over his propensity to issue walks like crazy.

Well, then have Adkins start for the 1st 3 innings or so and then Wright can take over on long relief.  That way, Wright can overcome his phobia or whatever it is of the first 2 innings and become a solid member of the staff.

Send Cotts down to Triple-A until he gets over his propensity to issue walks like crazy.

What if Wright pitched in the pen the nite bf? Then you would be just wastin the bullpen, Adkins is doin very well in the pen, leave him there.

I have moneyball, it's an amazing book and billy beane is a true baseball genious. es billy screwed the sox over time and time again because he plays baseball quite diferently than kenny does. It's hilarious how he cheated KW out of a top prospect just by calling him and saying that the Oakland As didnt want him... Kenny bailed and Billy scooped him up. Funny stuff. Yeah Billy's philosophy with closers is that they're BS. Put a hard-throwing, otherwise mediocre pitcher in your "closer" spot, get him 40 saves and suddenly you can make huuuuuge money off him by dealing him. Yeah, he f***ed us.

Well, then have Adkins start for the 1st 3 innings or so and then Wright can take over on long relief.  That way, Wright can overcome his phobia or whatever it is of the first 2 innings and become a solid member of the staff.

You were recommending Adkins for closer very recently.

Which is it?

Me thinks someone has a crush on Adkins... :wub: