Mr. Adkins...

Bighurt52235

Adkins has to be first in line for closer after last night's performance against a recovering Yankees offense. CLUTCH with that K on ARod, just f***ing clutch. The most important thing about that inning was the fact that he got himself into trouble, shrugged it off, bore down and did what needed to be done. That's the kind of instincts that a closer has to have. Marte can't do that, neither can Politte, and we all know that Koch, who used to have this attitude, is running out of chances. Adkins would most definitely be my choice as BK's replacement.

Adkins has to be first in line for closer after last night's performance against a recovering Yankees offense.  CLUTCH with that K on ARod, just f***ing clutch.  The most important thing about that inning was the fact that he got himself into trouble, shrugged it off, bore down and did what needed to be done.  That's the kind of instincts that a closer has to have.  Marte can't do that, neither can Politte, and we all know that Koch, who used to have this attitude, is running out of chances.  Adkins would most definitely be my choice as BK's replacement.

I really hope you aren't serious, but I think you are...

I think that Adkins has found his spot in long relief. My guess is that Cotts goes to the minors to stretch out and come back to start if Danny Wright continues to struggle. I think it's possible a trade might happen? Does Danny Wright deserve to stay anymore than Koch does? Koch has a bad outing, but comes back to pitch well. Just inconsistent, but he could be traded who knows. $6M is a lot of money to pay someone who can't perform in the role they were supposed to fill.