The Continuing Decline & Fall of Mark Buehrle

C.Rector

Was there ever a doubt that Buerle is not a #1 and that Sox need an ace pitcher? But of course Sox will wait until this team is sunk for good before even contemplating pulling the trigger......

Why should Cooper not be thrown out on his ass again?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Brando that he is not a #1

The biggest problem with this Sox team (and the ones for the last 5 years) is that they are frankly cannot hit against a very good pitcher or pitch against a very good batting line up

They get beat in that match up every single time

We cannot hit Hudson, Mulder, Zito, Garcia, Vasquez, Shilling, Clemens, Pedro etc EVER....and I see many teams that get wins against these guys by producing some offense

In the same sense, our pitching has never shut down a quality O (the NY series notwithstanding but even then NY was struggling with ARod going 0.200 then)...if we played NY now, they would kill this pitching for 10 runs minimum

How can we contend in the playoffs with this mediocre crap?

:ph34r:

How can we contend in the playoffs with this mediocre crap?

Easy: Minnesota has been one of the most overrated teams in baseball since 2002. We made them look much better than they were in reality.

If Indians circa 1995-2001 were still around in 2003 and 2004, they'd be winnig this division by 12-15 games easily.

I still cannot get over Sox losing the division in 2003 - and this year it's deja vu time. There is absolutely no reason for it to be this way. None.

Naah, f*** that. Buehrle is the man.

Mark gave up 7 earned runs in all of May. He gave up 7 earned runs to the Expos last week. He's having a bad month (understatement), but like I've said before on numerous occasions, the man has balls. I'm not concerned at all with his past few outings. He'll get back on track. This is for certain.

Don't abandon your heroes. :nono

Naah, f*** that.  Buehrle is the man. 

Mark gave up 7 earned runs in all of May.  He gave up 7 earned runs to the Expos last week.  He's having a bad month (understatement), but like I've said before on numerous occasions, the man has balls.  I'm not concerned at all with his past few outings.  He'll get back on track.  This is for certain.

Don't abandon your heroes.  :nono

:puke

Talking s*** about Mark is completely unnecessary.  How would you like it if I talked s*** about Andre Aggasi?  That's what I thought. :finger

"Talking s***"? If you don't realize that Sox badly need an ace pitcher - or at worst a good #2 -- then you're either blind or stupid, or both.

I was being generous when I said he was a #2 - last 2 years, he's been a #3 at best. He had to win this game, he had to take pressure off Rauch like an ace pitcher would. He failed miserably.

When it comes to Esteban and Buerhle, fool me once.....

"Talking s***"? If you don't realize that Sox badly need an ace pitcher - or at worst a good #2 -- then you're either blind or stupid, or both.

I've been in favor of acquiring someone like Tom Glavine or Randy Johnson all along.

But I'm not about to criticize a pitcher with 60 wins at the age of 25.

Our ENTIRE staff is in a funk right now. It's frustrating. Other than Shingo and maybe Marte, nobody is gettin the job done right now. I think in the last 3 weeks we've gone from 2nd or 3rd in the league in era to 9th or 10th. Lets just hope it's a June swoon and that will get back on track soon.

Kind of odd how this time last year, we sucked up until now and then started to get it going against the twins and cubs.

It's just the opposite this year. Hopefully, the crosstown series will ignite some fire under this team's ass and these pitchers step it up...big time.

Kind of odd how this time last year, we sucked up until now and then started to get it going against the twins and cubs.

It's just the opposite this year. Hopefully, the crosstown series will ignite some fire under this team's ass and these pitchers step it up...big time.

If there's ever 1 positive thing I can say about the Sox. THEY ALWAYS GET UP TO PLAY THE CUBS. I'll never forget that gm in 2002 against the almighty and "overrated" I may add, Kerry Wood. We were down 8-0 at one point and come back and won like 13-9..Beautiful

Buehrle's strength has always been changing speeds and keeping the hitters off balance by fooling them. Lately, it seems like he's challenging hitters and just putting the ball in there, daring the hitters to do something with it - and they are. He doesn't have the stuff to really challenge anyone. The sooner Mark remembers that he's a Tom Glavine/Jamie Moyer type of pitcher, the sooner he'll start tasting success again.

I've seen Barry Zito doing the same kind of crap - hence his mediocre record. You win with what made you successful in the first place. You don't change approaches just because you feel like it.

Has everyone's opinion of Marky-Mark sunk so low that we're happy with a 4.30 ERA from our Number 2? 

Could "we" wait until he (hopefully) shuts down the Cubs in Wrigley before bumping this thread?

I don't care if he gives up 400 runs against the Cubs on Sunday, as long as we get the win. Besides, this game against the Twins is much more important to the White Sox season. As it is 2 games in the standings compared to the 1 game in the standings we get in the Cubs games.

Has everyone's opinion of Marky-Mark sunk so low that we're happy with a 4.30 ERA from our Number 2? 

Could "we" wait until he (hopefully) shuts down the Cubs in Wrigley before bumping this thread?

His ERA was 3.65 on June 13. Actually, he was at 3.30 at the beginning of the month.

By the end of the season, I think he'll be between 3.50 and 3.75. That'll be good enough for Top 10 in the AL.

And after only winning 1 game in April, he still has a shot at 20 victories, what with 90 games left on the season.

buehrle should be the least of our concerns..so he is going through a rough stretch (tonight withstanding)...he's proven in the past that he will turn it around...

61-37 in his career at age 25...whats to complain about??

No complaints here.

ooooooohhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! :headbang

Buehrle is now 6-0 with a 1.75 ERA in his last 6 starts against the Twins!  He has a 13-4 lifetime record against them.  He is now 61-37 in his career, and he's only 25!

ooooooohhhhh yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! :headbang

Buehrle is now 6-0 with a 1.75 ERA in his last 6 starts against the Twins!  He has a 13-4 lifetime record against them.  He is now 61-37 in his career, and he's only 25!

He is now 61-37 in his career, and he's only 25!

WOW

I had no clue that his carrer record was that good, nor did i know that he was only TWENTY FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON BURLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :cheers :notworthy :notworthy