Speeding Ticket Quotas

sox4lifeinPA

Do you think police departments have quotas for speeding tickets?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think police departments have quotas for speeding tickets?

• yes
    • no

when a large portion of your yearly budget comes from tickets, you've got to be joking that officers aren't "encouraged" to pull a certain amount of speeders over.

You want a paycheck? pull 20 people over this month...

you want a raise next year? we can only afford it if you pull over 30 people in october, november and december.

believe it

I know many NYC cops and Nassau County cops, and they all have quota's, and they all try to give out all their tickets out early each month so they don't have to worry about it later on. And I'm pretty sure they dont have speeding tickets quota's its ticket's in general.

Lake County, Indiana does not have them. I've heard it's against the law, but I'm sure they are "encouraged."

Ya I think that's the same thing in Nassau County (where I live) it's not official but it's highly encouraged.

Police Administrators demanding a ticket quota from their officers are against most FOP's Collective Bargaining Agreements. The may be set forth minimum performance standards, but tickets are not the only factor when dealing with what constitutes minimum performance.

If they have quotas, the State Police must meet theirs pretty early. I often see them on the Tri-State, just sitting there, while someone passes me at 70+MPH. I saw them, I slowed down, the other guy didn't, and gets away scot-free. Seriously, I see them let speeding go very often. Except for when it is ME going 5MPH over. :angry:

If they have quotas, the State Police must meet theirs pretty early.  I often see them on the Tri-State, just sitting there, while someone passes me at 70+MPH.  I saw them, I slowed down, the other guy didn't, and gets away scot-free.  Seriously, I see them let speeding go very often.  Except for when it is ME going 5MPH over. :angry:

my pee>keystone cops

naw, I've "encountered" some nice ones....some s*** ones too.

here that white? :fyou

they dont have quotas but you know that if you dont get enough then youre not working hard enough

It is one means of evaluating if a cruiser cop is working.

In some locals, I'm thinking Hainsville, Illinois where they had 6 squad cars for a population of just over 200 at one time. They would hire all of these part time cops to sit on 120 and pull people over. If you covered your salary, plus some for the city, you kept your job.

Oops, I mean they kept the good people of Hainsville save from all the out of towners who would have been speeding.