Should Cotts Become 5th Starter?

SoxFan1

We've seen that Wright has been wrong so, should Ozzie make Cotts the 5th starter?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. We've seen that Wright has been wrong so, should Ozzie make Cotts the 5th starter?

• Yes, put Wright in the Bullpen
    • Yes, send down Wright when Wuncsh comes back
    • No, leave Wright as the 5th Starter
    • No, make someone else the 5th Starter
    • Other

I have an idea. Let's make Scott Schoenweis the 5th starter...

...after we trade for the ace pitcher we need.

Give me Kip Wells, give me Randy Johnson(after Arizona takes on Carlos Lee and his monstous contract along with taking on some salary) even if he is 40, uglier then s***, and off at times this year. He's also had is A game at times, and when he has his A game, he is un-f***ing-hittable. He could get us to the playoffs very, very easily, and once there, could quite possibly guide us to victory.

Is that OK with you, or not?

I have an idea.  Let's make Scott Schoenweis the 5th starter...

Give me Kip Wells, give me Randy Johnson(after Arizona takes on Carlos Lee and his monstous contract along with taking on some salary) even if he is 40, uglier then s***, and off at times this year.  He's also had is A game at times, and when he has his A game, he is un-f***ing-hittable.  He could get us to the playoffs very, very easily, and once there, could quite possibly guide us to victory.

Isn't RJ supposed to make 15 million in 2005? We could've had a real second baseman for one million dollars, and apparently that was too much.

Isn't RJ supposed to make 15 million in 2005?  We could've had a real second baseman for one million dollars, and apparently that was too much.

Yeah, Johnson is declining. I'll take Kris Benson in the last year of his contract, or Kip Wells, for a combo of Rauch and, another mid-level prospect, but none of Reed, Anderson, Sweeney, and Honel.

Give me Kip Wells, give me Randy Johnson(after Arizona takes on Carlos Lee and his monstous contract along with taking on some salary) even if he is 40, uglier then s***, and off at times this year.  He's also had is A game at times, and when he has his A game, he is un-f***ing-hittable.  He could get us to the playoffs very, very easily, and once there, could quite possibly guide us to victory.

It's not OK with me. Not for Carlos Lee.

Nahhh, if the Sox wanted an old pitcher who only occasionally has his good game, they could have gone after Maddux and not had to give up anyone to get him!

I would like to see them get a top-line guy, but I just don't think that'll happen, so it's down to making the best of who they have. Wright hasn't lost me yet - I really do think he'll settle in and have a good year.

Oh, and I CERTAINLY don't make that trade if Carlos is involved!!

I'm not the biggest fan of Danny Wright, but I do think it's still a little too early to take him out of the role as a starter. Furthermore, I'm still not sure that Cotts has proved that he can handle being a starter yet. He's been doing well in the bullpen, but I want to see more from him first. But if after a few more games, Danny hasn't improved much, then I think it'll be time to start thinking about trying something else.

I'm not the biggest fan of Danny Wright, but I do think it's still a little too early to take him out of the role as a starter.  Furthermore, I'm still not sure that Cotts has proved that he can handle being a starter yet.  He's been doing well in the bullpen, but I want to see more from him first.  But if after a few more games, Danny hasn't improved much, then I think it'll be time to start thinking about trying something else.

BEAKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

I don't think Wright is going to cut it as a starter. It's time for this experiment to end. That being said, I don't think Cotts is ready to be a starter. He has a 0.00 ERA so far, but what's he done with inherited runners. I know he let one score Tuesday night.

Danny showed some great stuff out of the pen last year. Lets just use him there and bring cotts up to start... wunsch seems pretty un-needed... although i really like the guy... If it came down to it though i'd dump wright over wunsch in an instant