Favorite Poster's Sayings

sox4lifeinPA

hey!

I am never snide and I can't believe PA would be snide either

and "just saying..." is of my origin!

I have been quietly making that comment in real life for a long time.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

The Ft Wayne Komets lost tonight.

Just saying.

You'll note I said you were only sort of snide. Kind of like only being mostly dead (easy cool points for the first one to name that film).

Hearing that quip always reminded me of an early Paul Riser stand-up bit (back when he was funny), about how you could get away with saying all kinds of s*** as long as you tagged "I'm just saying" onto whatever beef you had with someone. You know, "I'm not saying you're stupid... I'm just saying, you're not too smart..."

hey!

I am never snide and I can't believe PA would be snide either

and "just saying..." is of my origin!

I have been quietly making that comment in real life for a long time.

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

The Ft Wayne Komets lost tonight.

Just saying.

CW, my Mother's friend says "I'm just saying" in every sentence. I'm so sick of her saying that.

You'll note I said you were only sort of snide.  Kind of like only being mostly dead (easy cool points for the first one to name that film).

Hearing that quip always reminded me of an early Paul Riser stand-up bit (back when he was funny), about how you could get away with saying all kinds of s*** as long as you tagged "I'm just saying" onto whatever beef you had with someone.  You know, "I'm not saying you're stupid... I'm just saying, you're not too smart..."

The Holy Grail, duh.

What, do you want the full name?

No, I wanted you to say "The Princess Bride," which is where the quote is actually from. :P

The peasant village and tthe old geezer getups Billy Crystal and Karen Kane wore in the 'Miracle Max' scene are VERY Pythonish I'll admit - wouldn't ge surprised if Gilliam consulted on set design and wardrobe.

But, at any rate - YOU CHOKED! :D

No, I wanted you to say "The Princess Bride," which is where the quote is actually from.  :P

The peasant village and tthe old geezer getups Billy Crystal and Karen Kane wore in the 'Miracle Max' scene are VERY Pythonish I'll admit - wouldn't ge surprised if Gilliam consulted on set design and wardrobe.

But, at any rate - YOU CHOKED!  :D

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail.htm#script

Ahem. Take a gander at scene two. I'll be waiting for my gold plated apology. And groveling never hurts :lol:

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/grail/grail.htm#script

Ahem.  Take a gander at scene two.  I'll be waiting for my gold plated apology.  And groveling never hurts :lol:

Ah, and a fine scene it is... "'I feel happy..."

But try a word search on 'mostly dead,' and tell me what you find... :)

gold-plated apology is not forthcoming. Zircon maybe...