4/22 Gamethread -- Sox vs. Yanks

Gene Honda Civic

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody watching WGN?

White Sox are giving fans the opportunity to work on the field. In what is probably Rob Gallas' last PR disaster, here is what the following money gets you:

$1000 - Change bases during the 5th inning

$1500- - Give line up card to ump before game

$5000 - batting practice on an offday and a picnic in the park.

All money generated is given to White Sox charity.

Anybody watching WGN?

White Sox are giving fans the opportunity to work on the field.  In what is probably Rob Gallas' last PR disaster, here is what the following money gets you:

ya i saw that and hawk was praising it and dj was sitting there saying thats just about as close as u can get to the action without playing.

Anybody watching WGN?

White Sox are giving fans the opportunity to work on the field.  In what is probably Rob Gallas' last PR disaster, here is what the following money gets you:

That's a lot of money. Wow. And I thought $250 for the sleepover was a lot. At least it's for charity.

That's a lot of money. Wow. And I thought $250 for the sleepover was a lot. At least it's for charity.

that $500 (2 @ $250) being tax deductible makes a lot of difference for me tax wise... a lot of difference

and of course the grandkid is already asking me if I have tickets for this year's over night (I haven't heard if they scheduled one yet)

for the great time we had, that was about the best money I ever spent

We're 0-3 when I start Gamethreads..2 loses to NYY and the one loss last Fri at TB.  Thank god I didnt start todays.

Just got back from Freezin my azz off at the game --

I just missed catching the Crede Home run ball -- If you see a replay, I'm in a gray jacket, grey stocking hat, about two rows below where the ball landed. If I would have brought a glove to the game I would have caught it -- I haven't seen a replay yet so I don't know if you would even be able to see me.

The Sox are 2-0 when I start Gamethreads -- I didn't read through this one, but I say BEGOOD, and his 0-3 record get demoted to the Minor League board :D

I just missed catching the Crede Home run ball -- If you see a replay, I'm in a gray jacket, grey stocking hat, about two rows below where the ball landed.  If I would have brought a glove to the game I would have caught it -- I haven't seen a replay yet so I don't know if you would even be able to see me.

The Sox are 2-0 when I start Gamethreads -- I didn't read through this one, but I say BEGOOD, and his 0-3 record get demoted to the Minor League board :D

I think I am 2-0 in game threads, at least undefeated --

can we have begood start gamethreads for the twins and royals? :lol:

I just missed catching the Crede Home run ball -- If you see a replay, I'm in a gray jacket, grey stocking hat, about two rows below where the ball landed.  If I would have brought a glove to the game I would have caught it -- I haven't seen a replay yet so I don't know if you would even be able to see me.

Hopefully they'll put Crede's homer on ESPN Motion.

It wasn't on Sportcenter -- Though they did show a two out Arod error that allowed maggs to reach first, he didn't score -- In other words it didn't factor in the outcome of the game, yet it was worthy of airing. :huh

it was arod so that made it news!

Cheat, eventully you guys owe me another chance at Game Threads. In a week or so just give me 1 more chance at it.

Anybody watching WGN?

Actually it's the wives idea from what I understand.

Pretty cool one, IMO. And tax deductable.

Actually it's the wives idea from what I understand.

Pretty cool one, IMO. And tax deductable.

Either I heard the information incorrectly on WGN or Mariotti is wrong. In today's article he claims only 10% (not 100) of the money is given to charity, and batting practice is $10,000 (not 5 K)

Yes, for $1,500, you can drag the infield or deliver the lineup card. For $1,000, you can change the bases. For $10,000, you can take off-day batting practice. Ten percent of proceeds will be donated to White Sox Charities. Ninety percent will be kept by the ballclub.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay23.html

Either I heard the information incorrectly on WGN or Mariotti is wrong.  In today's article he claims only 10% (not 100) of the money is given to charity, and batting practice is $10,000 (not 5 K)

If I had to guess, I am sure Kotex-Boy is wrong.

Either I heard the information incorrectly on WGN or Mariotti is wrong.  In today's article he claims only 10% (not 100) of the money is given to charity, and batting practice is $10,000 (not 5 K)

On the application it claims "with the proceeds going to charity". Granted it's not crystal clear, but if only 10% is going to charity that is terribly misleading...